Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

Looking for a little help! Do I need a tune to add the efan patch? Truck had a tune previously (different computers) but has since been put back to stock and those parts sold. Not sure I want another tune, just want to add efans to get rid of the clutch fan.

Truck is a 2009 TBSS with CAI cold air intake, 160 tstat, and tranny cooler, tr6xi plugs and msd wires (some of this was left from on from when it was tuned)

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
You need to have the tune updated, if you have that stuff on there still I'd get a tune at the same time. If you are adamant against a tune, PCMofNC will patch the ECM (it's still a tune, just not touching anything but fan parameters) for free if you buy the harness through them I believe.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. PM from Kelly at PCMOFNC has got me going in the right direction.

You need to have the tune updated, if you have that stuff on there still I'd get a tune at the same time. If you are adamant against a tune, PCMofNC will patch the ECM (it's still a tune, just not touching anything but fan parameters) for free if you buy the harness through them I believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts