Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have for sale stock set of 243 heads with PSI single springs good to .600 lift. Also included are PSI 7.375 pushrods!

Price is 500 firm plus fees and shipping

Pics will be up tomorrow!!! Heads are off of the truck!

42k on heads 20K on springs and pushrods

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got it

These are our stock heads, but he is selling them so the buyer has a set to send out to be ported and worked over. This is a good price...
dont forget the springs and pushrods are included.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
What would be the price range to have these ported? This seems like a budget friendly way to go as opposed to buying brand new ones. And once ported, what kind of gains are we talking on a bolt-on truck?

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
4,726 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.....So I called Richard @ wcch....approx $1675 with cores for new set with patriot springs and stainless valves.....approx $12-1300 to do stage 2 job pretty sure he said with springs and valves on these...obviously if you recycle the springs and such it would be cheaper + shipping back and forth. Up side is you can still drive while the heads are worked then sell your stockers or keep them for a catastrophe. I'm still thinking about it.

WCCH link

http://www.proheads.com/pricing.html
you can get patriot heads with patrio springs stage 2 for 1200. with no core.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
If someone wanted to have these heads cleaned up we have a local engine builder that does some killer work. He may not be the fastest but his attention to detail is second to none.

$35 dismantle and inspect heads
$45 degrease and glass bead
$200 competition valve job
$75 resurface heads
$75 clean, set spring heights & pressures
$150 port blend bowls int&exh
$135 manley intake valves
$135 manley exhaust valves
$45 viton seals

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Umm also

you have the set of heads on your truck to sell once you swap them! That should make up a bit of the price of doing the heads!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup

That's a fair price. I see these go all the time for that price on stock springs!
kind of what I mean about just send these out and have them done you dont have to pay for springs. Sell yours and get your money back! If it does not sell here soon will post them on LS1 Tech they will go there quick!

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
That is a good price. I just sold mine for $300 with stock springs. Guy is puting them on his ls1 gto.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.