Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I know of 2 major modules to keep the steering wheel controls with a aftermarket deck, PAC and Axxess aka Metra. My question is with the deck I'm looking at (SoundStream VIR-7355) it does not have a 3.5 jack in the back of it for a wired remote that I can find. So does this mean I have to use the Pac universal one? And if so where would you guys mount the "infared emitter" at? Thanks in advance, and here is the wire diagram of the stereo just to make sure I'm not over looking something.

Attachments

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
As far as I know from when I was researching this.....

If your deck does not have a plug for a remote, then you cannot have steering wheel controls. That is, unless you use the infrared thing. Sounds like a PITA to me.

Why are you set on this HU?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I know from when I was researching this.....

If your deck does not have a plug for a remote, then you cannot have steering wheel controls. That is, unless you use the infrared thing. Sounds like a PITA to me.

Why are you set on this HU?
I'm set on it because of the cost... I can get it super cheap and it has a lot of good features on it. And please excuse my ignorance what do you mean "PITA".

·
Registered
07' TrailblazerSS
279 Posts
"Pain in the ass" I just looked at the pdf for the axxess, it doesnt look like you can use that headunit. I would go with a pioneer or something, they are fairly cheap on amazon, and good quality.
SoundStream VIR-7355 = $345 on amazon.

Pioneer avhp3100dvd = $279.00 on amazon.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So does anybody have any ideas where to mount the infrared thing from the PAC universal kit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts