Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my upper int steering shaft. I had a bit of a knock in the steering that was starting to drive me crazy. Nobody else could feel the knock because it was so suttle, but getting it new, I could feel the diff. Anyway it was the upper intermediate steering shaft, lucky guess. I have never seen one go bad in any Trailblazer. Now I have seen bunches and bunches on full size trucks, Impalas, but no Trailblazers. Just thought I'd share.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
4,146 Posts
I'll have to agree. I can't call to recent memory ever replacing an upper intermediate shaft on the Trailblazer platform. I'm not even sure if it's the collapsible design because I've never had one out before.

Now the GMT 800 different is a different story :rofl:

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
07 tbss
2,341 Posts
My tbss was also making a weird clunk and the dealer changed the whole steering column under warranty, but I've put two shafts in my silverado within 50k

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I started feeling a tick in the steering wheel every once in a while about 8 months ago. It felt like an int steering shaft, but just didn't think that could be it. So I lived with it for a while, and the tick got more frequent, but never any more severe. Finally, while I had it in for a left front wheel bearing also, I gave it another try at hunting the tick down. Well, we (the mechanic and I) decided the I shaft was about all it could be, but I had my doubts. Usually nothing is that easy in my world. Well I was pleasently suprised to go for a drive and not feel anything, again.:yay2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts