Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rebuilt their ss steering rack. If so what seals did u use. Any tips. I asked most of the seal companies and they tell me that their seal kits for normal trailblazers won’t fit the ss rack. Does anyone know what the difference is and if u can use the seals that go on the ends of the rack near the inner tie rod ends??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have u actually used it?? I asked ac delco and they said they don’t offer a seal kit for the ss racks. When I asked they couldn’t tell me what the differences in seals between the ss and the regular trailblazer racks are. I also checked with edleman (same answer), gates (same answer).

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
637 Posts
I am in the same boat. I have two steering racks, and the faster ratio TBSS one leaks like crazy. I need to rebuild it. Right now, I have a standard Saab rack which is faster than the 4.2 racks, but slower than the TBSS one. I've looked into sending it out, but it's hundreds of $$ for a rebuild + a huge PITA to ship.

Tim

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called local dealership parts Dept they told me the end seals are 26088111 and that 36348509 (19286453) Does fit the truck. Guess I’ll have to order it and try it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts