Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did an engine in my 07, now I've got a hard abs code for the right front and the steering feels notchy or sticky. Truck tracks funny when you hit a spot in the road and didn't do any of this prior. I originally pulled the rack down to pull the oil pan before discovering I had to pull the engine.
No damahed abs wires can be found, is there a test procedure to test the sensor and or pcm?
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
561 Posts
hmm. you have HPT or EFI Live? need to read all the codes for all the modules first, see if the computer is happy. well i mean besides like the obvious stuff not plugged in , broken etc but it looks like you did a once over already on the hardware side

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
561 Posts
could have a big ass air bubble in the steering system also. thats something the computer won't have any vis on. did you break the seal on the steering system?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm. you have HPT or EFI Live? need to read all the codes for all the modules first, see if the computer is happy. well i mean besides like the obvious stuff not plugged in , broken etc but it looks like you did a once over already on the hardware side
Snap-on modus showed a few com codes with body modules and the abs code. Did a hard clear with it and abs code comes right back.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
could have a big ass air bubble in the steering system also. thats something the computer won't have any vis on. did you break the seal on the steering system?
No seal broken. This makes no sense since all that was done was unbolting rack and tie rod ends and moving it around to get the pan out.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
561 Posts
ya thats weird bro. not to sound like an douche here, but everything is torqued back and stuff, you didn't throw a tie rod in the knuckle and just thread the nut on a few threads and think you're gonna get it later and forget, i' m speaking from experience on that btw

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
561 Posts
bust out your multimeter and start checkin continuity on wires to those modules/sensors. arrgh wire diagrams. ya i think you might have busted some wires or something may be pinched somewhere in the harness.??

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya thats weird bro. not to sound like an douche here, but everything is torqued back and stuff, you didn't throw a tie rod in the knuckle and just thread the nut on a few threads and think you're gonna get it later and forget, i' m speaking from experience on that btw
I didn't do the reinstall and I've got issues with that but that's for another day. I looked over everything and it looked good. I plan tomorrow on pulling tie rod's back out and making sure everything moves good then placing back in and tourqe properly.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bust out your multimeter and start checkin continuity on wires to those modules/sensors. arrgh wire diagrams. ya i think you might have busted some wires or something may be pinched somewhere in the harness.??
Plan on doing some testing but it's 1 long harness from the wheelwell to the pcm. I'm going to try and compare known good to problem side and see if I can get anything. I'll have most of Friday and Saturday to work on it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never checked before but last night while I had it on jack stands if you turned the steering wheel slowly you could feel what I would describe as u-joints binding. I'm not sure if the shaft is a u-joint or cv style under the boot. Still struggling to understand what changed between driving off the trailer and r&r on the engine.

This was supposed to be done with me and a now former friend, we both have the capability but I didn't really have the room or a good place to do the work and it should have been cheaper for us to do the work but at this point I should have just paid the 20hr book time for my local shop to have done it.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
561 Posts
so whats up big shooter- my money's on pinched wire or wires/ EBCM wiggin out. seems like something happened during the whole swap process, not be totally capt obvious but im just sayin

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so whats up big shooter- my money's on pinched wire or wires/ EBCM wiggin out. seems like something happened during the whole swap process, not be totally capt obvious but im just sayin
I'm quite aware something went awry. I've followed wires to the ecm and the split loom isn't even damaged. I removed the wires and did a visual and no damage. Oem sensor ordered and then an alignment. Was told lca bolts come out during swap and it messed alignment up.

First alignment in 102k so can't complain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.