Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lawrence
TrailblazerSS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys seeing if anyone can help. Last night we went to tune WOTs on my new build. After one hit we pulled over to change a few things in the tune. After installing the tune we tried to start it. The truck fires then immediately dies. We went back to the tune prior to changes and still the same issue. Has anyone encountered this? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
I had that problem one time at the track with mine. Unplugged the battery for 15 mins then did a write entire on the tune and all was well.

·
Lawrence
TrailblazerSS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had that problem one time at the track with mine. Unplugged the battery for 15 mins then did a write entire on the tune and all was well.
I'm hoping it's something stupid like that. I also read about needing a full 12volts needed to take the tune. My battery isn't necessarily bad but it's not the best that's for sure. Guess I'll start there.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
It's either going to write the tune, or it's not. If the tune is interrupted during the write due to voltage or anything else HPTuners will clearly indicate that. Did you guys check for codes?

·
Lawrence
TrailblazerSS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's either going to write the tune, or it's not. If the tune is interrupted during the write due to voltage or anything else HPTuners will clearly indicate that. Did you guys check for codes?
I will today but I'm not sure if it will throw a code because it doesn't run long enough. I'll double check tho

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,795 Posts
a while ago when i first had my truck tuned (mail order tune from PCM) It kept dieing. under light throttle, in reverse, sometimes sitting at a red light. Figured it was the tune because nothing else changed.

Turned out to be a dirty throttle body. cleaned the TB and it was fine ever since.

·
Lawrence
TrailblazerSS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No codes. Tb is brand new so it's not dirty. I was hoping the new battery would fix. Wasn't putting out a full 12v. Replaced the battery. Did a write entire on the tune. Same thing. Won't start.

·
Lawrence
TrailblazerSS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tune file was corupt. We did a write entire on a previous tune we had and it started right up.

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
:coolthumb: I hope you get it straightened out soon! :cheers1:

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
Did you try to load a different trucks tune into your truck ? That would explain it .

What you would have to do is copy everything over to your file if you wanted to copy the tune ( I still wouldn't recommend it unless your truck is near stock and so is the other one )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts