Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm well versed with replacing the ignition module, done it a few times. But lately its been taking a hard twist as well as a couple times, to get it to start. So I pulled out the module to adjust it one tooth over. Well then it was starting auotmatically on the second click-no need to twist it clockwise all the way to the spring loaded position. I tried out 2 different ignition modules. Now I have to twist all the way clockwise and then slightly back it off to get it to crank. And it may take a couple tries at doing that technique. Is my solenoid going bad on the starter or could this be the underhood fusebox with cracked traces.
Its a nice present for me on my birthday! yea right...:doh:

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Sounds like switch is bad if you tried all tooth combonations.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sounds like switch is bad if you tried all tooth combonations.
I tried two different modules too though. One had been it from the beginning that I cleaned up the contacts and had as a spare. the other has been in maybe clost to 2 years and I cleaned the contacts in it too. I am going to try another brand new one.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,533 Posts
Kevin, try aligning the teeth correctly on the ignition switch. I used this video for mine and it went super smooth.

https://youtu.be/1PqznH9ADgA

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a new Dorman switch and put it in and all is fine. I've had this switch in and out a dozen times on mine and others so I know about the tooth alignment. It was the old switch going bad from Oreillys so quick (2 yrs) compared to the stock which was 5 years old when it went out. they had the Dorman for $31 plus tax so getting one online for $18 identical and in 3 days was much better, both with lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,532 Posts
Even though I haven't needed it (knock on Kevin's head) I carry a new ignition switch in my glove box.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,533 Posts
I don't think it matters which brand ignition switch you use, they all go out eventually. I'm on my 3rd switch, 1 from the parts counter and 1 AC Delco from Amazon.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,533 Posts
For me, parts counter=got at Chevy dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts