trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Jay love the project. Question y not just put drive train etc into the donor seems like more work to do the reverse. Don't flame me just seems easier but then again I have not ever attempted anything like this.

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't have a lift, and my chassis has 50k ond the other one was a 6cyl frame with 99k and i didn't whant to change the suspension and fuel tank,lines brakes and that kinda stuff. i also have l92 heads, ls3 intake, circle d converter 3200, headers, and a cam from Alvin. i thought with the body of it would be a hell of good time to change parts:D

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Makes sense thanks keep us posted I wish I had time and room to start a long term DIY project have fun.

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the body off the SS and noticed that there was a gm parts sticker on top the tranny, does that mean that it's been replaced? i need to take more pics.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
Awesome bro! Can't wait to c the progress throughout project. Color looks good also!

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the sticker is this one IMG_1142.jpg

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
got some more with the body off. going to try and get the engine work and converter in by next weekend View attachment 9890

Attachments

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you know where the TBSS came from it looks like my old one that I rolled.
if yours was an 06 3ss with a stick on hood scoop and red pinstripe then i probably have your old one.

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no pics but i did put my circle d 3200 converter in. and a vette servo. I bet that is a pain in the ass with the body on. took me about an hour and 15min of that was trying to get the converter to drink a whole quart of oil.

·
Premium Member
06 Black 3SS
1,489 Posts
Awesome! I'll be doing this same exact thing myself in the coming months. I have a feeling swapping over all of the wiring from the SS into the I6 truck is going to suck really bad lol.

Keep up the progress pics man, and if you don't mind, I'll probably be bugging you about a few things when we do mine later on down the road! :coolthumb:

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Awesome! I'll be doing this same exact thing myself in the coming months. I have a feeling swapping over all of the wiring from the SS into the I6 truck is going to suck really bad lol.

Keep up the progress pics man, and if you don't mind, I'll probably be bugging you about a few things when we do mine later on down the road! :coolthumb:
Let me know, I'll help you as much as i can. There is a lot of wiring in those.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got my motor all together except for the water pump, i have to get an 07 style. put the body on today.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts