Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been contemplating this for a while, so I will pose the question since Ive never seen it brought up.

Can we Mate a Regular TB 4x4 Electronic Transfer case to the 4l70E Tranny?
If so, will it take the power?
I am sure the wiring to get it to engage, even if all homemade shouldnt be too complicated.

I have a couple of reasons for wanting to do this, and no Burnouts are not one of them....But would be a fun byproduct.

Discuss.
:king1:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. I think the only things that will matter is the bolt pattern from trans to transfer case and DS yoke and length.

Hmmmm.......a burnout switch?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
I've brought this up before as well. It would also be something nice to have in the northern climates and still provide some slip in the wheels to ease the shock on the transmission.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
:iamwithstupid:I would also consider it.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Matt although this sounds great I say nay...the tcase could not possibly hold the HP you are gonna be making. Maybe stock HP but over time it too would greneade. The shock on it would be tremendous from a stand still and drag radials.
Fork/bearing failure is common due to the fact it is a heavy truck...now shock it with all kinds of torque and imo boom!

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=47545

http://www.offroadtb.com/articles/tech-docs/transfer-case-tech-the-nvg-226-np8-theory-of-operation

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Yea someone has brought this up before and the conclusion was pretty much the same, that the power would be just too much for it, but CAN THEY BE BUILT TO TAKE THE POWER?

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Last time I checked no..no billet front diff shafts or tcase internals. I talked with several of people I know in the offroad fab arena nada zilch zippo. I guess if the demand was greater maybe someone would undertake the venture. But it would be costly and I mean $$$$$. Nobody does the things guys here do to their vehicles not to mention we are the white elephant of the race community.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
I think using the truck t-case from a 1500 frame GM truck would work. Lots of guys run that transfer case and race using 4x4 engaged.
And this is true the auto cases utilize an actuator on the front end that locks it in.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
The TB 4x transfer case will bolt right in without any mechanic mods. However, you will have to use a 5.3L ECM tune as our ECM tune doesn't have provisions for the 4x4 ratio change when in 4WD. Mod the tune to your specific engine specs. Tweak the TCM tune. Then you'll have to change out the front passenger shaft housing. Then you'll have to add the 4x4 switch in the dash and maybe a 4x4 module..not sure...then wire it all up. And you'll be good to go! :coolthumb:

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
20 Posts
The TB 4x transfer case will bolt right in without any mechanic mods. However, you will have to use a 5.3L ECM tune as our ECM tune doesn't have provisions for the 4x4 ratio change when in 4WD. Mod the tune to your specific engine specs. Tweak the TCM tune. Then you'll have to change out the front passenger shaft housing. Then you'll have to add the 4x4 switch in the dash and maybe a 4x4 module..not sure...then wire it all up. And you'll be good to go! :coolthumb:
I know its been a kinda dead thread but has anyone done anything yet? Any updates?

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
4 Posts
I know its been a kinda dead thread but has anyone done anything yet? Any updates?
Old thread but have an update to share for future true 4wd TBSS seekers.
Im gonna try the MP3023 GM tcase. It’s pretty light weight and came from an 08 Silverado 1500 vortec max. Truck also had a 4L70e (exact trans in the TBSS) and also a 6.0L.
This tcase is 100% electronically controlled and looks like it will fit right in. I’ll post an update of what worked and any issues when done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts