Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to change out the ECM on my SS , it has the same tune installed on it as the old one did. I had a case relearn, and VATS done so it would work properly. The issue that I'm having now is that it is stalling on me when i slow down and the idle drops below 700 rpms. If i come to a complete stop the idle will drop to 400 and then recover back to 700 . anyone have any idea what is happening?

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only change that was recently made was kooks headers and y pipe. the ecm was changed because the pin that was added for alvin's harness to the efans stuck to the pin in the ECM and pulled it out, we resoldered it and I lost my speedometer and a bunch of other shit. we then later found out that you can only cold solder a ECM for some reason. lesson learned.....

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So now I'm on my 3rd ECM and now we have figured out that it is not the problem. I'm so pissed at my car right now.... I've had 2 different companies tune, re-tune, and dyno tune, in the past month.... nobody can figure out why it wont idle properly. They tell me that the tune is right on and that its mechanically sound. But still nothing! Can it really be this hard to figure out? Anyone have any suggestions other than the obvious? I've spent entirely too much money on this one problem, that I'm contemplating selling the fucking thing.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Are you throwing any cels? Did you check for any vac leaks? What did they check to make sure it is mechanically sound?If that has all been checked out I would guess it is something in the tune but without having the truck here I am lil to no help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My two cents, same thing happens to my truck after I have reprogrammed my truck, stock or aftermarket tune. Once tune has been uploaded, I have to do a security relearn (3 sets of 11 min with key on).
My experience is the same as you describe, go to end of street and the idle drops and truck dies. It does not matter which tune I have just uploaded.
My work around as been to ride my brake and gas to get out of neighborhood, then drive for about 10 minutes on highway, parking lots, whatever, to get the truck to relearn tune. Some stop to WOT runs, drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you throwing any cels? Did you check for any vac leaks? What did they check to make sure it is mechanically sound?If that has all been checked out I would guess it is something in the tune but without having the truck here I am lil to no help.
No cels, they had it in the shop for 2 days checking everything they could think of that would cause this....there are no vac leaks.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My two cents, same thing happens to my truck after I have reprogrammed my truck, stock or aftermarket tune. Once tune has been uploaded, I have to do a security relearn (3 sets of 11 min with key on).
My experience is the same as you describe, go to end of street and the idle drops and truck dies. It does not matter which tune I have just uploaded.
My work around as been to ride my brake and gas to get out of neighborhood, then drive for about 10 minutes on highway, parking lots, whatever, to get the truck to relearn tune. Some stop to WOT runs, drive it like you stole it.
It doesn't matter how much I drive it. I think it actually gets slightly worse with time.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds like just idles too low. try cleaning throttle body and just drive it so it can relearn the idle

cleaned the throttle body already....did nothing.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HOly shit! My tuner at 21st century muscle cars, found out that the base program file that was downloaded to the ECM from Elite Electronics was corrupt (Which comes straight from GM for their updated version). That was my problem for the past month.....geesh...$1300 later. I'm so relieved that my car actually idles and stays running now...Thanks guys for your suggestions.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out, but damn what a price to pay!

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Yeah glad you found it. Mine won't idle half the time but I think I need to get it retuned.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad to hear it worked out, but damn what a price to pay!
Yup, what a price indeed. That was my cam money that got pissed away right there

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
I had the same problem when I got my SS tuned. Luckily PCMforLess knew exactly the problem and nothing some over night shipping couldnt fix. I could not even drive out of my hood without stalling out.

That is a lot of $$$$$$ though.:king1:

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats the main problem im having but i was told it wasnt with the tune!
i guess that statement is still true....its not the tune, its the stock programming

1 - 19 of 19 Posts