Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Stall Choice with TT's (not to be confused with Titties)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I sent the truck down to get some exhaust work done. *cough Now I was going to stick with my YANK PTB3200 in my FLT LVL 7, but have decided to sell that setup and run the new 4L80E. Question is, what stall should I run? Greg at Pheonix will be building it, would like to hear some thoughts on this. I am looking for a quick spool without the slight lag from the stall. I been thinking of a 2800-3000. Its my DD and will see several levels of boost from mayeb 3-4#s so the wife can drive it to 13-15#'s for kill at the track. I am hoping for 550-600 at the wheels. But that is another topic. Post why you choose that if you do not mind thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Wait to see when the kit is done and well see when boost starts coming in and base it on that.. Also get a cam to help spool them will help too... But I don't think there will be much lag.. I think a 3200 would work

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Won't being doing a cam just yet. But it will likely be on the table in the future. With the 20g's I have a feeling the turbos are going to spool pretty damn quick. When i talked with Greg I asked about doing a slightly lower stall rate like 2800 or so, and for what I want it would work fine. The thing about going with the 4L80E is there is alot more options for converters then we had with the 70. I can go all out if I really want too. But I do not want to loose all the fun with driving my DD.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
I would suggest the 3000 stall like Tim has in his TBSS 4L80E. It drives like stock when you are easy on it and flashes like a monster when you hit it.

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What turbos are you going with or is that classified?
Honestly don't know. GSS (Louis) is planning on using the MHI 20g turbo's on his standard kit for the TBSS. He will be using my truck to develop the kit and basically see what they can do. JP will be sending his down but his will be a whole nother animal. Anyway he will be using my TBSS to see what th ekit will do form low boost to high boost. I have a forged short block and the FLT or soon to be 4L80E transmission everything else is stock pretty much. So it can give him a good idea of what to expect. I have a slightly lower compression and heavy rotating mass but over all not so much different you can gauge what a stock TBSS can get. Except efans, I do have efans lol. Honestly when you start getting into F/I I consider stuff like that to be more support then a mod :D. Since I am playing in the mud soon to be sand again for another 4-8 months (will have over 4 years in Iraq after this tour is done) he can get everything worked out and I can get everything I been wanting.

If the 20g does not put me were I want to be, we will upgrade till we get there, starting with the billet upgrades. Then we will jump into the Presicion 6262 journal bearing turbos (will not go bigger then that). Basically going in steps to see what it will do overall. His turbo kits on the Corvettes and F Bodies using the APS kits are making stupid power so I have no doubt his kits are going to rock. I am looking at trying to be around 550-600 at the wheels (AWD) on moderate boost. The build will be limited to supporting 700 HP with the fuel system and everything else. My motor can handle that, the transmission I currently have might as well (err kinda pushing it). I figure with these little 20g turbos and my 10.5:1 CR its going to spool freakin fast. Question of the day is exactly how much will they make. With this build I will have 4.10 gears and AWD. I want to tow from time to time too if I have too as well. Otherwise I gotta go get one of the bigger trucks we got. Anyway no secrets, my kit will be pretty much a maxed out standard kit he will be offering. Stay tuned ;)

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I prefer alittle less flash actaully. That is why I am looking to be alittle on the lower side of things. Just want it to be able to handle the punishment and tow if I gotta. Not much but I have to from time to time. Its actually got the hitch in it now at GSS lol.

Also just an update. I will not be using MHI 20g's. Louis has scrapped that. It will be Precision 6262 or 6265's. That will be in the F/I section in the near future once he figures out which direction to go with his development. He is hoping to have my truck done by his Open House. At least mocked up.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Danny "Retro" tows his box trailer all the time with the 258mm converter, you might want to PM him and ask how he likes that for a real world evaluation.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 3SS
113 Posts
I prefer alittle less flash actaully. That is why I am looking to be alittle on the lower side of things. Just want it to be able to handle the punishment and tow if I gotta. Not much but I have to from time to time. Its actually got the hitch in it now at GSS lol.

Also just an update. I will not be using MHI 20g's. Louis has scrapped that. It will be Precision 6262 or 6265's. That will be in the F/I section in the near future once he figures out which direction to go with his development. He is hoping to have my truck done by his Open House. At least mocked up.
a few of my good buddies are running precision 6262's in there Nissan 240sx. now they do have the supporting mods for it, but these turbos are insane and make great power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts