Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving today and noticed that my truck said Service Stabilitrak, and immediately after that the security light went on and then the cruise control one, and then I lost power to all gauges. I then noticed I lost my AC and it was just blowing hot air, I shut the truck off and then started it back up and it was fine. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thank you

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
277 Posts
This is an easy one,
a Red-hooded Sparrow flew through your grill and somehow got past the radiator and AC condenser, eventually lodging itself in your AC belt causing it to slip. The resulting bio mass splashed onto the Anti-lock brake sensors which of course disengaged your Stabilitrack system. Given the dual faults occurring simultaneously, your ECM put the truck in limp mode which diverts power from nonessential systems (such as dashboard gauges) until such conditions are restored to normal. Happens to ALL of us at one time or another. Damn Sparrows!

nah, I'm full of shiiit. I havn't a clue but do hope you find this particular REAL gremlin. Good Luck

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
112 Posts
Depending on where you live, could have been a house sparrow.

All kidding aside, seems like you could have a ground issue. Or possibly a loose wire that acts up when the perfect situation exists. Difficult to troubleshoot.

Start with verifying that all grounds are mounted, and making good contact. Dirt and corrosion wreaks havoc on electrical systems.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
277 Posts
The irony is that I am having very similar (but different) symptoms. My stabilitrak has intermittently gone in and out, my transmission lost 4th gear, the truck wouldn;t start from time-to-time, my service airbag light has gone on, and now my rear suspension is having issues. The only common denominator here is seemingly the ground system. I just performed a grounding rebuild of sorts by adding an additional 6-gauge cable going rom the battery negative terminal directly to the left frame rail only a foot away. Hasn't changed anything yet but the jury is still out. I've checked and double checked the fuse box more times than I can count. Tightened the 6mm bolts too

·
Silver Streak
TrailblazerSS
98 Posts
Possibly the fuse box. I didn’t have all the lights come on but the truck shut down while doing 70 on the E-way. After cooling down it would start with no problems. After bugging the sh*t out of my tuner shop they finally sent it to the stealer ship which found the fuse box only after being there for 2weeks. Best of luck...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I found out the battery terminals were loose that was the issue

·
Lighter-than-you
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Delete entire ABS system first just to rule that out, then check battery cables is how it's suppose to go. LOL
Madmax- Def sounds way past time for your delete

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
277 Posts
Delete entire ABS system first just to rule that out, then check battery cables is how it's suppose to go. LOL
Madmax- Def sounds way past time for your delete
Is this done simply by pulling a fuse? As long as its not permanent I'll try anything. what are the procedures? thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts