Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving across town and made a R/H turn and the stabilitrak turned off all by itself. I pushed the button and it didn't turn it back on. I had to turn off the car and turn it back on to get it to reset. Any thoughts on this the only mods are a volant cold air intake

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
It could be a number of things. I would say possibly the steering angle sensor since it shut off as you made the turn, but you need to have it scanned to see what code was set to be sure.

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an OBD2 scanner I will see if any codes are stored. Now it's doing it with every R/H turn the the stabilitrak turn off and the button on the shifter does not do anything to turn it back on...... ok I checked and no codes in the computer. It only does it while I am driving too. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
Im not 100% certain, but I think you may have to have a tech 2 to read brake codes. I could be wrong though. Since it does it with every right hand turn, I think its most likely an issue with the steering angle sensor.

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update... now it does it all the time it just did it sitting at a stop light.

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Im with Brandon, sounds like the steering wheel angle sensor.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
305 Posts
I just had that fixed at the dealer n they said it was the sensor in the steering column.

2007 Imperial Blue metallic 2wd, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler & res delete, 6000k HIDS.

·
Registered
2007 Silver 3SS
69 Posts
Was the sensor covered under warranty? Did a message come on saying "Service Stabilitrack"?

My icon lights up & I get that message sometimes if I make a quick hard turn, r/t, onto the highway. Goes off the next time I start the truck.

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Im not 100% certain, but I think you may have to have a tech 2 to read brake codes. I could be wrong though. Since it does it with every right hand turn, I think its most likely an issue with the steering angle sensor.
:iamwithstupid: You need a Tech 2 to read brake/stabilitrac lights & airbag lights. OBD II primarily just works on Check Engine lights.

How much was the steering wheel position sensor? Or was it warrantied?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.