Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i changed both front hub assemblys on my 08 tbss due to stabilatrack light... after it was said and done i pulled out of the garage and went to accelerate.... when i did accelerate the abs system applied the brakes and could hear the abs pump working, let off the gas and it went away ... again tried to step on gas pedal and again truck slowed and abs started again .... im damn stumped

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS AWD
343 Posts
I had a bad hub straight out of the box. Speed sensor was not reading correctly and the truck went into limp mode as soon as you tried to apply gas past 1/4 throttle. Might need to hook up to hptuners or some obd2 reader that can monitor abs and the seed sensors to see if they are reading in spec.

·
Registered
2008 Trailblazer SS
10 Posts
Not sure what brand hubs you installed? I found that either OE Delco units or SKF are usually better than other aftermarket hub assemblies.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
57 Posts
Ok I'm havening this Problem right now, I have researched this to the ends of the earth. I still have a problem or I should say, ASE master mechanic can not get this system to work.we had this problem before the over haul. We over hauled the Motor, Transmission, new hubs, struts shocks Brakes Z36 set up, headers, tuned runs like scaled Dog. Problem is the that damn Stbilitrak. We have replace the steering angle sensor, the front hubs are new (moog) the ABS controller, replace abs wheel sensors, replaced after hubs were changed. We looked at the ABS controller both old and new AC Delco units with and L-scope the left front looks crazy and shows up in the ABS controller, section. It does not show up in the TCS (Traction Control Section) of the ECM. No Codes show, all other wheel sensors look good. My mechanic is pulling his hair out along with other shop personnel. that have years of experience. Yes all software and firmware are up to date as of last week. If you turn stabilatrak off it it runs great. no problems as soon as you turn it on and hit the throttle the left front abs signal goes cray and the brakes come on, if you let off the throttle it releases the brakes, but the light stays on on the dash. He don't think the rear wheel sensors can cause these symptoms, but I can't figure out why a brake pedal switch would either but we change it as well. At the suggestion of GM tech support. He and I have read every post on the net about this problem and 99% have no fixes posted they just die on the vine.
I will up date this when we get it fixed so stay tuned, and we will get it fixed or a safe work around. This mechanic is the best I have ever seen with GM vehicles.
CH

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
57 Posts
Well may have let my Alligator mouth over load my you know what. It has been almost 2 weeks of trouble shooting with no fix found. So far we have eliminated 99% of the hard ware that could cause stabilitrak issues. We are starting on the ECM, tune, software and firm ware. We do have the clandestine help of Factory trained GM tech for this as well. I'm also a Graduate EE engineer so this has became my new crusade. "I hate designs that don't work well, and this system does not work well. I been trying to contact PCM of NC to see if they have a fix for it or if they can help out any.
I'll keep checking in, and if we find a fix. I;ll post it here
CH

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
57 Posts
We have tried just about every thing and it still has a problem. We are now looking at real time suspension yaw sensor to see if the original sensor may have a problem. We are looking for a Zeus that we can see all the accelerometers, real time and live. it looks like you have to get approved by GM to get one of the original TRW GM part and they are not cheep.
CH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts