Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Simple engineering has some I think... I went a different route and ran a drop box where the factory compressor was..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
329 Posts
Someone wanna tell my noob ass wtf a SSR battery box is used for?

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Someone wanna tell my noob ass wtf a SSR battery box is used for?
The SSR shares a frame with the trailblazer. The SSR had the battery located at the rear of the truck, in a box attached to the frame. Its an OEM solution to a battery relocation for whatever reason you desire to move it, rather than inside of the truck.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
I Want To See One Mounted, Anyone Got Pics?

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Joe and Mykul run this setup!

Something I'm getting ready to do, as well as a rear power disconnect.:muahaha:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simple engineering has some I think... I went a different route and ran a drop box where the factory compressor was..

Checked out his website and they are not listed. He has stainless boxes for SSR's with battery relocate for spare tire. I thought he was selling the stock boxes too off the SSR's.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Here are the pictures of my SSR Battery Box mounted in the back. You have to make 1 bracket that is riveted to the SSR frame and not ours. The SSR Battery box is a drop down box, you just use the wing nuts to loosen and drop it down.

Here is the hitch delete we did with the Jumper Posts and Kill Switch.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
WOW. You'd Have To Loose Your Spare Tire And Trailer Hitch To Have The SSr Battery Box, That's Too Much. Where Do The SSr's Keep Their Spare Tires Then?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
WOW. You'd Have To Loose Your Spare Tire And Trailer Hitch To Have The SSr Battery Box, That's Too Much. Where Do The SSr's Keep Their Spare Tires Then?
they dont have them from the factory.. you dont have to remove the hitch to run the ssr box

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Joe, would you be willing to put together a "kit(s)" for us, that is like yours.

1. Everything that you have (including jump terminals/kill/plate)
2. Just Battery box, bracket, and wiring.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are the pictures of my SSR Battery Box mounted in the back. You have to make 1 bracket that is riveted to the SSR frame and not ours. The SSR Battery box is a drop down box, you just use the wing nuts to loosen and drop it down.

Here is the hitch delete we did with the Jumper Posts and Kill Switch.

Joe that looks good.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Joe, would you be willing to put together a "kit(s)" for us, that is like yours.

1. Everything that you have (including jump terminals/kill/plate)
2. Just Battery box, bracket, and wiring.

1. We are going to be making another set of brackets that are needed for the SSr Battery Box. If there is enough interest I would be will to make a bunch.

a. I can get some SSR Battery Boxes and then powdercoat them.

b. I can add the Stainless Steel wing nuts.

c. Add the bracket needed so it is an easy install.

You would still need to purchase the battery relocation kits. Maybe we can get Jettstream to make up the cables needed for the full install. It really is an easy install once you have the box and a cable kit.

2. The rear bumper support/hitch delete is a one off piece because you have to make it all up with the supports and tabs for the bumper. I used the frame portion of the hitch to mount inside the frame too.

a. I can make up a plate for the Kill Switch and Jumper Posts that can be welded or screwed to the factory hitch?

Tell me what you think. If we get a good count of who would be interest I would make some up.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
1. We are going to be making another set of brackets that are needed for the SSr Battery Box. If there is enough interest I would be will to make a bunch.

a. I can get some SSR Battery Boxes and then powdercoat them.

b. I can add the Stainless Steel wing nuts.

c. Add the bracket needed so it is an easy install.

You would still need to purchase the battery relocation kits. Maybe we can get Jettstream to make up the cables needed for the full install. It really is an easy install once you have the box and a cable kit. Please start a thread when you get a chance :)

2. The rear bumper support/hitch delete is a one off piece because you have to make it all up with the supports and tabs for the bumper. I used the frame portion of the hitch to mount inside the frame too.

a. I can make up a plate for the Kill Switch and Jumper Posts that can be welded or screwed to the factory hitch?

Tell me what you think. If we get a good count of who would be interest I would make some up.
I think we should get interest (a list) in the kits WITHOUT the plate with Kill Switch and Jumper posts, and then have a seperate list for those plates...but all in the same thread so we can keep track. What cables did you use on yours??

1 - 20 of 61 Posts