Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a kill, per se'.

I was just driving along the main drag through town Friday night, and I see ahead of me an SRT-10. Well, I always though they were nice, so I pull up to it and check it out. A mid-30s guy was driving it, and saw me checking it out. He gave it a little gas. I let it go and just smiled. It sounded like a weak diesel.

A mile or so down the road, we're almost next to each other (he's about a truck of his ahead) in an area that it's easy to see a cop coming. He gets on it, and I'm already in 2nd (we're doing about 30, maybe). He starts it, so he's ahead but I start pulling on him. We shut down about 60 or so.

WTF!? I thought those things were fast?

Anywho, we weren't really racing, I think he just thought I was some poser and he'd spank me. :bottom::fist:

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
The Quad Cab SRT10's are a lot slower than the Reg Cab SRT10's. There's a big ass HD transmission in the Quad Cab, and the Reg Cab has the T56.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD
1,656 Posts
A supercharged SRT10 QC here only goes 13.3 (+ 3500 DA), can't remember the MPH.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,977 Posts
Not a kill, per se'.

I was just driving along the main drag through town Friday night, and I see ahead of me an SRT-10. Well, I always though they were nice, so I pull up to it and check it out. A mid-30s guy was driving it, and saw me checking it out. He gave it a little gas. I let it go and just smiled. It sounded like a weak diesel.

A mile or so down the road, we're almost next to each other (he's about a truck of his ahead) in an area that it's easy to see a cop coming. He gets on it, and I'm already in 2nd (we're doing about 30, maybe). He starts it, so he's ahead but I start pulling on him. We shut down about 60 or so.

WTF!? I thought those things were fast?

Anywho, we weren't really racing, I think he just thought I was some poser and he'd spank me. :bottom::fist:
That one doesn't sound like any of the SRT-10 trucks I've encountered. He must have been a poser. Body parts and stickers are easy to get. Either way, I still call it a kill.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,061 Posts
I was consistently beating one at the track a few weeks ago. It had headers, cam, catback, and tune.
________
LovelyWendie

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
My buddy had a bonestock QC SRT-10, and the day I was running 13.90's @98-99 stock, he was running 13.50's @104. You guys' trucks must be some fucking freaks, because I really don't see how ya'll are beating some of the vehicles you're posting about.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,061 Posts
My buddy had a bonestock QC SRT-10, and the day I was running 13.90's @98-99 stock, he was running 13.50's @104. You guys' trucks must be some fucking freaks, because I really don't see how ya'll are beating some of the vehicles you're posting about.
I have a few mods, otherwise I would have seen taillights.
________
Russian Cooking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts