Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I've been noticing as I'm on the highway and I'm just cruising / hauling something when I come into around 3rd gear or a hill where the motor RPM would go down after a up shift it would start to hesitate or sputter (whatever you want to call it) id just simply give it more gas and it would come out of it. Also I have noticed when I get on it at a higher speed it would do it as well some times. I also had an instance where the check engine light would come on and flash. Any insight to this? I have 184k on it. could it be the fuel pump? since they don't have a filter on the rail, or it being on the pump itself, in the tank.

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
250 Posts
For those symptoms I would start with the basics, clean your mass airflow sensor, check for any intake leaks as well as plugs & plug wires .

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
250 Posts
Quick google search
A: The code P0455 means an EVAP system leak detected. As always, check the gas cap first. A common problem in this vehicle is a bad vent control valve. It's installed at the charcoal canister at the back of the car, close to the right rear wheel

·
Registered
Trailblazer 3SS
25 Posts
Hey guys, so I've been noticing as I'm on the highway and I'm just cruising / hauling something when I come into around 3rd gear or a hill where the motor RPM would go down after a up shift it would start to hesitate or sputter (whatever you want to call it) id just simply give it more gas and it would come out of it. Also I have noticed when I get on it at a higher speed it would do it as well some times. I also had an instance where the check engine light would come on and flash. Any insight to this? I have 184k on it. could it be the fuel pump? since they don't have a filter on the rail, or it being on the pump itself, in the tank.
Have you checked your O2 sensors? Once, I replaced mine it cleared up all the misfire issues I was having and it ran like new.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
replaced purge valve and vent valve. still doing it. will try o2 sensors next

1 - 10 of 10 Posts