Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a good connection to get 2 2.5in spintech sportsman XL mufflers for a reasonable price or does anybody have any new or used ones out there for sale??

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be nice...then there would be somebody over here in the northeast as a dealer. Let me know how you make out

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As of right now...i was pricing them out for my impala clone so I email the only guy on ebay that sells them for two 2.5" centered inlet and outlet sportsman XL's and he said it would be $240 shipped to my door. they're not polished, so you have to put a nice tip behind them. Considering the price of corsa....these are still a steal!

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
273 Posts
I have purchased SEVERAL mufflers from Joe on ebay. believe his id on there is stusax.. He ships super fast. He carries Aero Turbine, Spin Tech and probably more and his prices are awesome.

Spintech super pro street is the way to go. They have that awesome tone and gurgle. Had sooo many compliments on my 04 GTO and people asking what mufflers I had. I decided to go with an Aero muffler on the TB at last minute just cause I had used like 5 spintechs between my . I had ordered the spintech from joe and bout 30 min after sending payment I saw that he sells Aero to and I just emailed him and he sent me an invoice for the difference and the muffler was on my door step 4 days later from Cali.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
I have true duals with Spintech Super Pro Streets on mine. Had a 06 GTO before I got this trailblazer and I put the Spintech Super Pro Street mufflers on it a few months before so i kept them when I traded the car. I cut the pipes right before the Y and ran 2 2.5" pipes with a H-pipe then into the Spintech's. I liked the look of keeping the tailpipes all over on the passenger side and I kept my 3.5" tips off the GTO I had just bought when I got the Spintech's and used them on this. I had to trim the bumper just a lil but it nice neat and clean lookin imo. I bout how I wanted to run the tips for a while and I liked the idea of keepin them on the passenger side but hadn't saw anybody do them that way so I was a lil unsure bout it then I happened to see the maroon ss on here (says evil ss on the tag I think) he has his this way and it looked really good.

I will say this the GTO I took the cats off of and I have left them on the ss for now but still they have a totally different sound. I thought it would sound just like the GTO just a lil quiter since I haven't takin the cats off of it but the sound is quite a bit more different than I expected. Imo the ss sounds better its got more of a beat to it @ idle too. Thought bout cuttin the cats and just stickin a couple resonators or bullet type mufflers in front of the spintechs so it isnt to loud. They are really small mufflers and I got them offset/offset on the same side and the guy that done the work done a killer job and laid the mufflers flat and up high outta sight. Anyway I got them straight from Spintech and had them in a few days. Glad to see more people wanting to try them!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
oh yeah and the pipes are very close to the bag I didn't like how close they were but thats the only way I could see to do it. thought bout wrapping some exhaust heat wrap on them

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
35 Posts
Spintecs

I really like the idea of the spintec set up with h pipe. The hard part gonna be finding a good shop to install. Anyone still running these or have any pics, I have done searches and found nothing.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra 2500
54 Posts
I also had spintechs on my GTO, loved the way it sounded and got many compliments.

What is the part number for the ones that fit TBSS? Also, where is a good place to get them?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
945 Posts
I went to Spintech directly. I bought the super pro street 9436.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
I thought I read an article on here about spintech mufflers (and similar style) causing a loss of up to 10hp. I will try to find it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts