Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of us in Illinois will have to be a little more careful. As of January 1st, the excessive speed law went into effect. 40mph over the posted limit in a misdemeanor and arrestable now. Any other state and I would say this law was made to make the roads safer, but with the states economy in the crapper and the corrupt politicians, I can't help but think otherwise.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
I'm pretty ok with that law. Why do you need to go 95mph on the highway or 75mph in a residential area?

·
Registered
2006 TBSS LT AWD
512 Posts
You know...

This law wouldn't make a half shits difference to me.

If I'm speeding by 40 MPH over... I'm going WAY faster than that.

At which point the cop is NOT going to bother trying to catch me for fear of endangering others.

What I'm saying is... If I'm going to speed by more than 10-15 over... I'm doing it FOR the speed... So I'm not going to be doing 110 in a 70... I'll be beyond that.

Maybe a weird way to look at it... but it seems to hold true.

Anytime I've been "caught" speeding by a huge amount, which doesn't happen often... The cops have just flashed their lights and kept on going with their business... It's not worth it to them to try to catch you most times.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
I'm pretty ok with that law. Why do you need to go 95mph on the highway or 75mph in a residential area?
No shit, huh? I dont think 40 over being arrestable is anything to bitch about. Hell, 25 over in WI is jail time and your car being impounded.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
True...I only do it in Buffalo Grove anyway so...:boff::cheers1:
Speed all you want in BG I'm sure my sister or some of my friends would love to write you up. Good luck even being able to get your car up to the speed limit tho, people in this friggin town usually do 5 under and there's too much damn traffic.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
368 Posts
Speed all you want in BG I'm sure my sister or some of my friends would love to write you up. Good luck even being able to get your car up to the speed limit tho, people in this friggin town usually do 5 under and there's too much damn traffic.
I have connections there myself...no worries. And I grew up right there so I feel your pain. There are spots though.

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
....Anytime I've been "caught" speeding by a huge amount, which doesn't happen often... The cops have just flashed their lights and kept on going with their business... It's not worth it to them to try to catch you most times.
WTF?!?!?!? Where they do THAT at?!?!? Damn cops nabbed me doing far less than that (10 mphs over).....you lucky $&#@!*!!!! j/k:cheers1:....

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
368 Posts
WTF?!?!?!? Where they do THAT at?!?!? Damn cops nabbed me doing far less than that (10 mphs over).....you lucky $&#@!*!!!! j/k:cheers1:....
Stop being a street shark and you won't get hassled.....you unlucky $&#@!*!!!! j/k:cheers1:

·
Registered
2006 TBSS LT AWD
512 Posts
Here in central Missouri...

Like I said... I don't make a habbit of exessive speeding, but the few times I've passed an officer at 125+... They don't even bother trying to catch you.

Especially on-coming on a 4 lane divided... They just won't even bother.

I'm sure they are on the radio to see if somebody is further up that could intercept... but they just aren't that thick around here.

If I know I'm busted... I'll continue on my speed long enough to be out of eye shot... Turn off on the next exit and Grandma drive the rest of the way home as to not draw any extra suspicion.

I'll agree though... There's no rhyme or reason to be doing 40 over the limit.

If you're in that big a hurry you should have left home sooner.

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
last year i was on my way to work, not even late really. doing 32 over and didnt even realize my actual speed. definitely been more careful since, but it happens and i think until people learn there will still be excessive speeding.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
124 Posts
In chi-town traffic you would be lucky to go 40mph under the limit!!!!! And you know they won't pass that law in Mich. cause you have to drive 40 over to keep from getting car jacked or shot!!!!!:rofl:

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Stop being a street shark and you won't get hassled.....you unlucky $&#@!*!!!! j/k:cheers1:
:rofl::rofl:
I guess that would help, but NO DEAL!!!! Guess I gotta invest in a good radar detector:drive1:.....

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,015 Posts
Here in central Missouri...

Like I said... I don't make a habbit of exessive speeding, but the few times I've passed an officer at 125+... They don't even bother trying to catch you.

Especially on-coming on a 4 lane divided... They just won't even bother.

I'm sure they are on the radio to see if somebody is further up that could intercept... but they just aren't that thick around here.

If I know I'm busted... I'll continue on my speed long enough to be out of eye shot... Turn off on the next exit and Grandma drive the rest of the way home as to not draw any extra suspicion.

I'll agree though... There's no rhyme or reason to be doing 40 over the limit.

If you're in that big a hurry you should have left home sooner.

Wow... here in SC we can arrest for ANY traffic offense... and here, at least guys on HP will at least try and you better believe we'll be on the radio...

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
Brett, having driven through MO a lot in the last 4 yrs on my to/fro trips to San Antonio, it's a whole 'nother world in po-dunk Missouri. I've actually ridden along at about 85mph next to a police officer on 71 south of Nevada,MO. He had someone (perp) in the car, and I was in the TBSS, he just looked at me and gave me a thumbs up and we kept on going for the last part of 71. When I turned onto 44, he kept going, so I don't know where he went.

Then, fast forward to two yrs ago going to and coming from Nationals. This one MO trooper decided (both times) he'd shadow all of us from the Illinois/Iowa group around the Cameron, MO area. He'd speed up and pass all of our convoy, then slowly back off (in the fast lane, mind you....traffic hazard) while mean-mugging us individually. Luckily, Rich and others had V1's and knew he was coming before we ever saw him, not that we were doing more than 75 in a 70 anyway, but he was gung-ho and hot to ticket, apparently.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts