Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard different stories about warranty issues when changing out the spark plugs and spark plug wires. A lot of people say that it won't void warranty but dealership says it would void warranty, BUT when i asked the guy, he couldn't give me an answer on why it would void warranty. what the hell? anybody got some more info on this.......

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS 2WD
4,590 Posts
i bought the Taylor 10.4mm Thundervolt wires....

i could not imagine how any dealer could use this as a reason to void a warranty....i can assure you the persistant customer will get exactly what they want......

when i was dating the wife she had a 93 grand prix that lost a motor do to her putting down about 26000 and not a single oil change....one letter to the dealership owner, another letter to the head of pontiac division, another letter to the head of gm.....which all contained me reference number with my compalint filed with the BBB and the new motor was in and perring in less than 2 weeks from the post mark dates.....

just my .02

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought me a set of "Granatelli Mpg Plus" spark plug wires off of Stylinconcepts.com and now i'm trying to look for a good set of spark plugs...

Whats a good set of plugs that peeps use on here that are much better than the standard oem plugs???

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS 2WD
4,590 Posts
with the additional i've put on since my last dyno at 433/413 i'm guessing i'm at 450/435 and i am still on the stock plugs at 21,000.....

really no need to change these unless you burn really high octane fuel on a high compression setup, nitrous, or forced induction....these setups could benefit by 1 step colder plug.....

but for a 93 octane N/A setup....IMHO don't change the plugs....

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
I went the easy way...I just used HPT to increase dwell a few degrees across the entire rpm range. That and increasing plug gap to .055 as well as bumping the low rpm timings about 4 degrees in most spots up to about 3K RPM. The truck pulls a lot easier, now it doesn't feel like I have to get on it all the time to get anywhere. It feels like I have a real V8 in there...instead of an rpm'ing only motor.

Plus, my mileage went WAY up. I left the high RPM timing curves the same as the superchips programming, so I did not effect WOT, which they have rockin anyway.

...and I still don't have any KR, even at 100º outside temps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts