Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
07 1SS
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and JBrown were taking my truck for a spin and we just so happen to roll up to a 06-07 Roush Stage 3 Stang.. I may add, it looked pretty sick. We are going down the 121 and I get next to him and hit it a couple times.. He drops down and we hear that S/C whinning.. I'm in 2 and hit it as soon as he does.. We start steady pulling him and by 110 we have a solid car on him.. I have played w/ this guy once before from a dig but he spun them too bad and we didn't get to go again.. I was not expecting to walk him like that on the highway.. I love my truck!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Awesome Kill!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Me and JBrown were taking my truck for a spin and we just so happen to roll up to a 06-07 Roush Stage 3 Stang.. I may add, it looked pretty sick. We are going down the 121 and I get next to him and hit it a couple times.. He drops down and we hear that S/C whinning.. I'm in 2 and hit it as soon as he does.. We start steady pulling him and by 110 we have a solid car on him.. I have played w/ this guy once before from a dig but he spun them too bad and we didn't get to go again.. I was not expecting to walk him like that on the highway.. I love my truck!
Cool, good kill.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
14,992 Posts
I could have taken both of them! hehe j/k

Nice run bro! Cant wait for the 20th so you can buss dat ass!

·
Registered
07 1SS
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Nice Kill and good to know.

I know someone with a Stage 2 that was upgraded to a 3 less brakes. I am not a Rustang guy so I dont know all the changes from 2 to 3.

Anyway I have planned to race him when I get my Yank 3200 in. Wasnt sure the outcome as you cant find crap online about Roush track times.

Thanks for heads up!

Rich

·
Registered
420 Posts
times

Nice Kill and good to know.

I know someone with a Stage 2 that was upgraded to a 3 less brakes. I am not a Rustang guy so I dont know all the changes from 2 to 3.

Anyway I have planned to race him when I get my Yank 3200 in. Wasnt sure the outcome as you cant find crap online about Roush track times.

Thanks for heads up!

Rich
When they ran the Stage 3 Roush against a C-6 Vette, it ran from a 12.6 to a 13.1, depending upon conditions at almost a 109.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Article

When they ran the Stage 3 Roush against a C-6 Vette, it ran from a 12.6 to a 13.1, depending upon conditions at almost a 109.
C6 vs. Roush Stage 3 - Battle of The $50,000 Sports Cars
On-Track Excitement
Both cars made similar power. The question was, could the Roush's extra horsepower overcome the Corvette's 396-pound weight advantage? For a while, the answer was yes. The cars traded victories at Raceway Park on the quarter: Vette 13.04 at 110.67 vs. 13.05/106.36, then 12.85/107.58 for the Roush vs. 13.19/ 110.85 for the Bow Tie.

Once Evan got comfortable in the Chevy, though, it was all over. A 12.71 at 112.31 bested the Roush's 12.90 at 107.39, then, finally, a 12.59 at 112.77 cemented the Bow Tie's victory to the Roush's final effort of 12.93 at 107.56. (Note: We did return with the Roush under slightly better conditions, and busted off a 12.63 at 109 mph. The Vette was unavailable for this second outing.)

Next we were off to the road course, and the Roush was right at home on our 1.3-mile track. It was remarkably consistent--1:23.47, 1:23.61, 1:23.82 were the lap times. Only the Roush shifter gave us trouble. While it worked fine at the dragstrip, it was problematic when it came to shifting on the open track. Evan twice missed gears--one of those saw him grab First instead of Third, which resulted in the car spinning and going off the track in a rather unpleasant, backwards manner. Fortunately, there was no damage to car or driver, save for the ego. "I found the shifter to be vague and a bit notchy," Evan says. "It looks so cool, but doesn't flow nicely."

Having not driven a stick-shift C6 Corvette before this day, Evan worked up to the big moment on the road track carefully, first experiencing the car with its traction controls/ track assists fully functional. Once he was comfortable, he switched them off and began clicking off times similar to those of the Roush. "The traction control will keep you out of trouble, but it doesn't allow the car to slide enough. When the car starts to oversteer, you turn in to countersteer, but the computer takes over and cuts the power. Then you find yourself turning the wheel the opposite way, but by then you're off line and you've lost your momentum." A 1:23.45 put Evan to within a whisker of the Stage 3's best; then a 1:22.55 made him almost a full second quicker. These were followed by a 1:23.84 and 1:23.47 before he got a little too aggressive and lap times fell off. Except for the lone 1:22, the times of the two cars were amazingly similar--darn near identical.

"Once the car was in my hands, it was a different story," he says. A badly worn rear tire limited traction, but the Vette was super tight and very predictable. Steering input and feel through-out the car was awesome, but that's what one would expect from a Corvette.

Conclusions
So the Vette won the strip test handily and the road course competition by a whisker. Had we more time with the Roush, we could have swapped on a different pulley for more boost and added a different set of rear gears. This would have put us ahead of the Z51 on the strip, and probably turned the tide on the road course, as well. Naturally, the Chevy faithful would cry foul and say if we used a Lingenfelter or Callaway Corvette, the contest would have been more a sure victory. But these are the facts, and we're telling the story as it went down.

S

·
0 Posts
C6 vs. Roush Stage 3 - Battle of The $50,000 Sports Cars
On-Track Excitement
Both cars made similar power. The question was, could the Roush's extra horsepower overcome the Corvette's 396-pound weight advantage? For a while, the answer was yes. The cars traded victories at Raceway Park on the quarter: Vette 13.04 at 110.67 vs. 13.05/106.36, then 12.85/107.58 for the Roush vs. 13.19/ 110.85 for the Bow Tie.

Once Evan got comfortable in the Chevy, though, it was all over. A 12.71 at 112.31 bested the Roush's 12.90 at 107.39, then, finally, a 12.59 at 112.77 cemented the Bow Tie's victory to the Roush's final effort of 12.93 at 107.56. (Note: We did return with the Roush under slightly better conditions, and busted off a 12.63 at 109 mph. The Vette was unavailable for this second outing.)

Next we were off to the road course, and the Roush was right at home on our 1.3-mile track. It was remarkably consistent--1:23.47, 1:23.61, 1:23.82 were the lap times. Only the Roush shifter gave us trouble. While it worked fine at the dragstrip, it was problematic when it came to shifting on the open track. Evan twice missed gears--one of those saw him grab First instead of Third, which resulted in the car spinning and going off the track in a rather unpleasant, backwards manner. Fortunately, there was no damage to car or driver, save for the ego. "I found the shifter to be vague and a bit notchy," Evan says. "It looks so cool, but doesn't flow nicely."

Having not driven a stick-shift C6 Corvette before this day, Evan worked up to the big moment on the road track carefully, first experiencing the car with its traction controls/ track assists fully functional. Once he was comfortable, he switched them off and began clicking off times similar to those of the Roush. "The traction control will keep you out of trouble, but it doesn't allow the car to slide enough. When the car starts to oversteer, you turn in to countersteer, but the computer takes over and cuts the power. Then you find yourself turning the wheel the opposite way, but by then you're off line and you've lost your momentum." A 1:23.45 put Evan to within a whisker of the Stage 3's best; then a 1:22.55 made him almost a full second quicker. These were followed by a 1:23.84 and 1:23.47 before he got a little too aggressive and lap times fell off. Except for the lone 1:22, the times of the two cars were amazingly similar--darn near identical.

"Once the car was in my hands, it was a different story," he says. A badly worn rear tire limited traction, but the Vette was super tight and very predictable. Steering input and feel through-out the car was awesome, but that's what one would expect from a Corvette.

Conclusions
So the Vette won the strip test handily and the road course competition by a whisker. Had we more time with the Roush, we could have swapped on a different pulley for more boost and added a different set of rear gears. This would have put us ahead of the Z51 on the strip, and probably turned the tide on the road course, as well. Naturally, the Chevy faithful would cry foul and say if we used a Lingenfelter or Callaway Corvette, the contest would have been more a sure victory. But these are the facts, and we're telling the story as it went down.
Nice to read that Joe, as others, didn't know much about the performance with the Rousch Stangs. Just thinks it's funny that they state in order to beat the Vette, they would of had to pully down, change gears bla bla bla. In my eyes, wouldn't have been a win then if mods had to be completed to the stang, was to be a straight up comparision..........gotta love the Vette as I know your a little partial yourself Coach:biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Nice to read that Joe, as others, didn't know much about the performance with the Rousch Stangs. Just thinks it's funny that they state in order to beat the Vette, they would of had to pully down, change gears bla bla bla. In my eyes, wouldn't have been a win then if mods had to be completed to the stang, was to be a straight up comparision..........gotta love the Vette as I know your a little partial yourself Coach:biggrin2:
Joe's '07 Z06 is bad as hell. It looks great in his garage with the Black TBSS and the Black Z06 next to each other. He keeps both of them spotless!!!

·
Registered
07 1SS
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess my Aeroforce might be close clocking my 1/4 at [email protected]?? I haven't been back to the track due to crap weather since the Cam & Stall.. I'm running it on the 20th... I'll post a time then.

·
Registered
07 1SS
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With the Lightning flat out, the SS hangs right next to it shifting at 3,800.. The Lightning is just a work truck for me. It's going up for sale soon.. The MPG is KILLING me!!!! It get 10MPG pulling my work trailer or w/ no load.. I really hate it.

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,527 Posts
haha the lightning is a pig but it runs good for a work truck...

throw that thing around a corner and you will be suprised!!!!

BTW that stage 3 had no chance, it was a pretty entertaining kill, we were laughing our asses off. Nice loking car with 200lbs of extra body kit weight though...:biggrin2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts