Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had the pcmforless spal fans installed because I felt my C6 fan was not pulling enough air through the 1900 radiator and coolant radiator to keep my temps down.

So questions are:

1st fan comes on at 196?
2nd fan comes on at ??? cause mine varies, sometimes 207, 208, 209 etc?

Now my driving temp does not drop down under 194? While with the C6 fan it would drop to 190 of so while driving.

My sitting temp is now between 203 and 210. When the 2nd fan comes on it drops to 207 then the fan goes off.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on settings in the tune. You can turn them on at 194.
right, thats what I thought.....my 1st comes on at 196 no problem, its the second that comes on at varying temps....

Do you recommend having both fan come on at say 194 then 196?

What is an acceptable operating temp?

I was concerned as I dont feel that the spal fans allow as much air through the radiator at driving speeds due to the solid shroud covering the back side of the radiator.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Personally, I thinkntje fans are better suited to come on much earlier, or just on all the time, but that's just me. My temps stay nice at like 190 or less with my lower stat and hard wire with the blower.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
I have the dual LS1 efan come on with the key on. That's pulling air threw my stock radiator, condensor, heat exchanger and PCMForLess trans cooler and I run at 186*, 200* on a hot day.

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, these bastards pull a shitload of air, but one running is just not cutting it.....

Is the soonest I can set them up to come on via pcm and hptuners 194?

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive got the c6 and even when im at the track and not switching it on myself i usualy sit at 172ish. even in traffic i dont hit 200
ha, I wish, I have checked everything, no air is system either. If I could be at 190-196 traffic and idling all the time I would be happy, and lower than that when driving, even better.

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The truck was at TuneTime since Tuesday night, but I went down this evening to pick it up and beat the storm and the closing of the Parkway at 8pm.. So, it really needs to go back down and be cleaned up.....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,910 Posts
really. i just drove home from jersey and it was hot as hell with the ac on and i saw 186 at its highest. and before i blew up at the track weds nite i was at 170 before parking and switching the fan on

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
ha, I wish, I have checked everything, no air is system either. If I could be at 190-196 traffic and idling all the time I would be happy, and lower than that when driving, even better.
I'm having the same issue as you, that's why I'm goons hardwire them on ignition. It's even driving up my trans temps b/c it's getting hot faster.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.