Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about how we could get our rims to sit out alittle further and was wondering if anyone has tried some wheel spacers? How big could we go and still get enough bite of the lug? I just dont like how close together our wheels look, especially when lowered.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
I have some pretty sick 1" spacer i had custom made a while back, they are new never used & i have 6 of them.

they look just like this pic below...

:dunno:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why didnt you use them? I was thinking maybe 1/2", 1" would stick out abit.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
no one makes 1/2 inch. in rear if you stick them out 1/2 inch more and are lowered it might rub the fenderwells. if you want 1/2 then you have to get longer studs and a spacer.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
I had them custom made, I had them made to clear a Brembo big brake kit that I have, but didn't end up using them.

I have a bunch of spacers from 1/16" up to 1" only the 1" ones look like the picture above, the other thinner sizes are just spacers with hole like the picture below. I had them cut by my cousin who works at a waterjet cutting place, that I used to work at. All spacers are cut from 6061 Billet Aluminum or any material i want. I can have any thickness cut, cuz I have the program here with me saved.

You don't need longer studs like Norcal mentioned; if you get thicker then 1/4" spacers then you need to buy new lug nuts with a longer neck, like in the picture below. The new lugs reach throw the rim & you gain about another 1/2" of thread & they make your wheels "HUB CENTRIC", which is a good thing, even with out the spacers these lugs are a good thing.

:cheers1:

·
Registered
34 Posts
after examining my truck and others, im thinking i want to go further than 1 inch. i want the tires to come out to the where the top of the fenders are. i definitely think it would make the truck look much more aggressive. especially with a drop. i talked to a dude in california who makes em with the lip around the hub to center the wheel so it dont bounce going down the road.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
after examining my truck and others, im thinking i want to go further than 1 inch. i want the tires to come out to the where the top of the fenders are. i definitely think it would make the truck look much more aggressive. especially with a drop. i talked to a dude in california who makes em with the lip around the hub to center the wheel so it dont bounce going down the road.
I think more then 1 inch is too much, but thats your call & ya that is called HUB CENTRIC like i was talking about before, the 1" spacer i have make it hub centric & if you use those lug nuts i was talking about, they also make it hub centric...

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Will these spacers work?

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,563 Posts
Holy Old Thread, Batman!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts