Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know whether or not to post this in copshop, but here's the latest mod.

Az recently started printing Arizona Cardinals Specialty plates. They are black with white lettering and have the cardinal logo on the left side. About a month ago a fully blacked out ZO6 passed me on the freeway. Everything was black... headlights, tails, rims... and he had these plates but had very cleverly modified them. As soon as I saw it I wanted one!

So after coming up with many different plate ideas and being shot down for most of them, this is what I ended up with:

I then took it to my buddy who's done all the paint work on my truck and he airbrushed out the brid as well as the "cardinals" text and then clear coated the whole thing.

It looks freakin badass!
again, not sure if its legal, but they gave me 2 so if I get any grief I suppose I'll just put the other one on.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Looks good but if I were a cop behind you I'd probably think it was fake and stop you.

I always wished PA had plates like DE. Our old DARE plates were black but now there's none.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
:cheers1:

·
Registered
2000 T/A TBSS soon!
103 Posts
:coolthumb:I think it's very cool.... i don't think it's legal though, as it would be modifying the place. check your state laws though.. heck the fine might not be so bad that it would be worth it. lol.

·
Registered
05 Colorado
300 Posts
i guess i don't understand what you are asking........simple answer though......if the plates didnt come from the DMV then they are illegal and can't be used..........correct?

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
I did the same thing to a plate here and was almost charged with destruction of state property........Our plates in CT are blue and white made it all white and kept the numbers blue on a white car....

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My reasoning is that it has the plate # as well as Arizona clearly legible which is what plates are all about. Quite a bit of standard issue Az plates are faded and peeling to the point one can barely read them anyway. I think I'll start collecting pics of plates around town where the paint has peeled off if I ever have to fight it.
They also sent 2 plates so I have a backup if need be. Hell, when the g/f got a fix it ticket for her tinted tails she just swapped 'em out drove down to the court house and swapped 'em back as soon as she got home.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I am going to have to agree with moe on this one. I think that the plates are property of the state even though they charge us for them. I think it looks great though so I would rock it until it becomes an issue:cheers1:

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
63 Posts
i did this to my tbss a month ago. plate number 364. have had not issues. i reason i did it was because of all the hype about the low digit black tag in delaware. a three digit tag carrys a pretty price tag in delaware. its was the best mod i have done.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was sittin around in the garage and snapped another pic. Gawd its hot today... I'll keep everyone posted on whether or not I get hassled, but I gotta say so far its worth it, this thing looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,422 Posts
Looks good but if I were a cop behind you I'd probably think it was fake and stop you.

I always wished PA had plates like DE. Our old DARE plates were black but now there's none.

Those Delaware plates are very very expensive. There is limited amount and the less numbers there are the more value it has.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
your gonna get hassled for that for sure...

you can just get a duplicate plate made if you call the dmv and say it wsa stolen...

i DO know however... you can tint a plate... i dont know or condone the idea... but im pretty sure i have seen it done in my driveway... again not saying its a good idea.
in ATL, they dont like anything covering the plate. i had a lightly tinted license plate cover and got nailed. he was cool and gave me a screw drive to pull it off so he didnt have to give me a ticket. he said people try to hide their plates down here b/c they're not registered. he thought that was the case with me, but was wrong. cool cop

·
TrailblazerSS
1,035 Posts
looks good, but my money is on a post in CopSShop in a week about a cop dropping the hammer...........you can run into one cool cop on a stop who doesnt give a fuck and tell you it looks cool only to get hammered by his retarded cousin right around the corner.........gotta pay to play, just like modding and hoping the dealer will cover the number 6 piston through the block when you are running a tvs2300 at 10psi.........

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
63 Posts
sorry. my last post i did not anwser your question. the plate does have to be visual from
15ft. there is a bar code on the right lower portion of the plate that a cop can scan if he believes it to be fake. i have not been messed with since i have painted over the bird and writing. there are certain plates that a cop with have to enter a prefix before the plate number i.e vetern plate, truck plate of farm use plate but the cardinal plate is just the plate number. as far as being centered, the cardinal plate only uses six digits so it it will never be centered. they can only use the first digit or third digit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts