Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will try and make this short. I have no one close to where I am that can do mandrel exhaust so I have hunt as far as 13 hours away to drive and get it done. want to come from rear factory cat weld in 3" on both sides. to a vibrant performance 2-1 3"-4" single out merge. dual magnaflow 4" mufflers. like luis exhaust all stainless (who has helped a bunch with pics and part numbers). I have two weeks off from woman and kid for first time in a year and need this exhaust done like this to stay cali compliant and pulley down on the 1900.
so I find a place "columbus exhaust" email him....send some pics of luis exhaust as he ask, get a quick quote. they are over 200 miles a way and I may have to take time off work to get this done I dont know. I send him an email and let him know my dates I can work with him, he mentioned in a breif convo he wanted to work on this at night. no problem. just keep communicating with me.one phone call he mentions a depsoit and I agree. few emails later no word, i give him a call on last friday, he is busy and will call me back. no word friday, so this past monday/tuesday I send him and email with part numbers and ask about deposit. no response. Now mind you every email/ phone call always started with "I know you are a busy person" because I do understand he is. Dont have a fucking email addy and two phone numbers and advertise online if you dont have time for people. I need to know whats up before I round trip 400 miles for nothing.

so I call him late as i can yesterday afternoon. he proceedes to basically go off on me " i dont have time for all this, i can see where this is going with you (wtf this mean). i am not interested in this project anymore"....so wait you no longer want to do my exhaust because now right when I am trying to call you and give you a deposit and I dont know what you want. " i just dont want to do it any more. I dont want to do your exhaust" fine...click.................mother fucking asshole, two weeks wasted. I am driving 200 miles to see your ass, all you had to do was say "call me XXX to give me a deposit, your parts are on order, and this date works best for me" and I would have not seen him till that date.....

now I am fucked back to square one........trying to find someone without thier head in their ass that wants to do something more than the red neck dual exhaust. first time to myself with no kid/wife in forever, and now my highlight of getting my exhaust done I have wanted for over a year will not happen, nope, now it will be shampoo'n carpets.....
I am third gen car guy(not change oil and plugs kind, the "hey I can make you astro van do 10s in the 1320' kind) I have a degree in design and working on a mechanical engineering degree......in my field, I have customers. no matter how busy I am if they want info. They get their fucking info, machines stop, production stops, etc.......at no time did I not agree with his quote, even told him I was trying not to be a pain in the ass. I just wanted feed back.

so if any one knows jimmy at columbus exhaust tell him thanks for shitty communication, had job been done just as it is in my head it would have had a bonus comming.....but talking is too much for him.

I am at zip 32539.......if anyone knows where/ who between 17th-28th that can do my exhaust in stainless. knows how to communicate more than a fucking cave man and wants to help me out. please let me know, I feel I have exhausted most my options. 3" from rear factory cat weld (one wideband o2 and pass rear o2 bung). smooth 45 degree transistions to vibrant performance 4" merge. single 4" magnaflow using a 24" main muffler and 14" resonator muffler with a magnaflow tip.

so frustrated......I no longer have a welder or chop saw nor access to tig to do this myself anymore. so I am reaching out, willing to travel a bit. have to be before weekend of 22nd, to ensure its done and I am home. I cant miss 2 weeks of work to do exhaust. also have to have all parts I need ready to go. looking for someone who is willing to fucking talk about what/ when /whats needed.

sorry for the rant, waited a year....get close enought that its only thing I look forward too with two weeks off.....now dropped cause I called to give a deposit cause he never would tell me wtf he needed when/ or if he was even good by the dates I could do it..........

fucking comunicate people....

·
Premium Member
06 3SS
1,279 Posts
Any vendors on here willing to mock it up on a locals truck and then ship it to you? It's worth a shot.....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have built several of my own exhaust and friends with nothing more then a box of bends. however, I dont plan on staying in florida so I want it done in stainless. plus it has to be cali emmisions correct. so cut weld on back of cat and run from there. hell, I have done 3" mandrel exhaust on a silvy ss,AWD, headers, v-bands. nothing hung lower than frame with nothing more than 4 jack stands, chop saw, mig while laying on my back......knowing I was moving I sold alot of the big garage equ.
I have called every manufacture of exhaust parts for our rides....no one will even make me a 4" cat back from shitty factory merge. So frustrating to know what I am asking for is not all that difficult. That when I do find someone i want to make sure I dont drive for a day to find we dont have everything or on same page.

i live in a tourist area and exhaust shops idea of work is how many times can we kink the shit out of it and get 5" dia 12" long tips on 2.5" exhaust pipe.

far be it for me to want to do shit right the first time, I cant do headers or it would be done already. to stay within cali laws I can not mess with cats forward.....

i emailed two places in baton rouge this morning to see if they are interested in getting in touch with me. I am running out of time and limited to anything else I do on my SS till exhaust is done.

Futral motorsports and engine power systems

i only have the 17-28th to do this. why does every simple thing i do have to be hard. if not for the kid, I would think I sell the fucking SS.....shit I can call jerzey and get a premade 4" exhaust for a 2000 ls1 car wtf.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Unless you're set on doing this exhaust in that timeframe, why not wait till you have the money for a bigger project so you can make a long trip worth it rather than just getting an exhaust?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
what bigger project? and the time frame was because when I set up to do the exhaust weeks ago, I was doing while my girl was on vacation. so after 8+ possible people to do it in a 5 hour radius. I got 8 no's and three other numbers to try. again three more no's......so in one last hope (speedmaster aka luis) contacted a friend in orlando to see if they could do it and sent them his pics.

he said he look into it yesterday evening. awaiting his word and another guys word back. as far as original dude, as figured he did not return my email. I mean fuck, who communicates anymore when it comes to money.

all I wanted what seemed to be a simple setup. this way I can pulley down and maybe meth it. I normally work 6 days a week and sunday is family day, plus the woman is not mod friendly. so this was my only chance for me to have some "me" fun....

looks like I get two weeks of boredom.

·
Registered
07 tbss
128 Posts
http://www.rjscustompiping.com/
this is the only guy to go to in north carolina, great work,nice guy.
moved down here frow new york a few years ago.
i know it would be a haul but its straight up 95.
this is the y he built for me coming off my slp longtubes.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
254 Posts
I'm headed to Deltona, FL right now to pick up monster truck parts. The shop I am going to, he's not an exhaust man, but is pretty bad ass and can do just about anything. If you don’t get something worked out, feel free to give me a call. We will be working at his shop all weekend and I will check and see if he would be interested in the job. Only 469 more miles to go.

Donnie
256-762-2037

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Hey man I grew up in Destin but if I were you I would try B & B Muffler and Dyno in FWB (unless you have already) from what I hear they're good people and know they're shit so talk to Jason. He's on the race850.com forum also his screen name is Gts*Jason and they're also a vendor so you might be able to get a hold of him there. Also, I would also try XXX Motorsports in P-cola and talk to Brad I can't remember if they do exhaust though. Hope this helps a little bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
I know how you feel all too well. Got a friend doing mine right now. Trying to get him into doing 5 or so of these 3" duals. He has to use the box of bends but i do not care i need it. Good luck brother.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
tried B&b already, not able to do what I want. have talked to jason before. Donnie, just seen your post. was off net most of past three days. also tried XXX in pcola. emailed kteller in pcola see if they had any one they knew that would do it cause they said they would not a while ago. Followed up with "The custom muffler shop" in LA. first he told me the pics of speedmasters 4" setup where not 4". that he does not recommend stainless on a DD for "harmonics" (lol) and if I wanted to do it still I would have to get pre made axle piece. he could do the rest.....uh, if I could do that why would I be driving 4 hours.

also, talked to a marine fab shop in AL. said they have no problem doing my exhaust. some of it would be based of shop rate which is a little high he also said. but said just a lines drawing of what I want would be plenty. bends on hand, they are also an R&D shop. told him I send him and email and pics if he could work up a round about price and how we need to go after it if that is what happens. they are two hours away.

two shops in orlando one kept telling me he have to look at it. the other one a member hooked me up with a friend there and he has been trying to get me a quote with no luck yet. 7 hour drive for those. I have till middle/end of week to set something up.

todd, looked up rjs.....be bad ass but its a 12 hour drive one way. I can take a few days off work to do this but factoring driving, gas, motel etc....not feasable. 4 hours a way is about a tank of gas....orlando I have a place to stay. so options like that are how I look at whats workable.

if not, I am done trying. no more mods till I can get some worth a shit work done after I move. Hell in cali i can get dual stainless 3" over axle with mufflers done in one day for 1000$ and I know this. cant get shit done here or anyone willing to comunicate worth a shit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts