Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has a BBC (big block chevy, for clarification lol) in it? Just curious how itd get placed on the track times page.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
5,661 Posts
if you go to the track time page the instructions are there.

:coolthumb: what times did it run?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It hasnt, just been toying with the idea because I don't use the thing at all. Its getting a TH400 anyways, and for 15k, I can do a 540 and make 650whp on motor all day (no...i dont care about gas mileage lol)

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
if you go to the track time page the instructions are there.

:coolthumb: what times did it run?
It hasnt, just been toying with the idea because I don't use the thing at all. Its getting a TH400 anyways, and for 15k, I can do a 540 and make 650whp on motor all day (no...i dont care about gas mileage lol)
Both of you think alike!!
Been trying to talk Bryan into doing this

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it is completely worth it...the torque bump alone is enough to really drag someone's ass..my thought was to go with a 540 or 572 and leave room for a little spray if it really needs it. I just see how much it takes to build a stout 454 lsx, and I'm looking at best maybe 600whp? For 10k you could build an n/a 572...for the 15k you could setup a little stouter for boost or bottle...and I won't lie, I don't mind fiddling with a carb and dist cap lol kinda suprised no one has done it. Would be the easiest way for someone to finally click off an 8. I'd love to do big boost on an ls but it wouldn't sit right in my mind without a 6 bolt head..

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
I agree with you 100%!! My dad had a shafiroff street 540 ci that made 695 (crank) hp on pump gas and was told it could handle a 300 shot no problem. Although we did just take that motor out to put in a HCI 6.0 ls motor.lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol...so...where's this 540 of his going?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why th400? Why not get the extra gear and go 4l80 :dunno:
100lbs less, dont need to deal with pcm stuff, and they can be built a lot stronger for a lot less. but im fine with 2500rpm doing 60mph..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes please!
ZZ572 is an option, but even truly a budget 496 with forged rods and pistons dished enough to run a 700 lift cam would be ideal. The flow from the BBC is really where things get fun, talking 300cfm at only .450 lift....vs us trying to get 320cfm from a top notch cathederal port at 600

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
I was thinking of pulling an Silvy/Avalanche/Bus/ RV 8.1 motor and building it for performance (IE: New High CR pistons/cam/heads) and swapping it over to the TBSS. You can get the complete engine for around $1000-$1500 as pulls on ebay (and from junkyards).

Would be the cheapest BBC...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no sense in doing any sort of stock bbc...heads and cam are a must...youre looking at 5k at a minimum to even get a 496 between the rotating assembly and heads and such and do it with longevity in mind.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since when is the 572 20k?! Lmao

1 - 20 of 40 Posts