Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats goin on guys...

just bought an 06 TBSS and wanted to get some quick input. i was on slp's website and saw the powerpac. it comes with a high flow air filter, programmer, rocker arm package (1.85 ratio), 160 thermostat, and dual exhaust setup all for 2800 bucks. says it brings u up to 440hp.

is this kit worth the money for the gain? or should i just mix and match parts?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't know man, that is an awful steep price tag and I think there are too many options out there for you to be stuck with what is in that pac...it is deceiving too, they say 440hp and base that off of the 400hp that the motor puts out stock, there is a ton more power to be unleashed with a lot less cash...but that is just my :2cents:

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
I don't know man, that is an awful steep price tag and I think there are too many options out there for you to be stuck with what is in that pac...it is deceiving too, they say 440hp and base that off of the 400hp that the motor puts out stock, there is a ton more power to be unleashed with a lot less cash...but that is just my :2cents:
:iamwithstupid:
:iamwithstupid:

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
I did not read it, but just that listing would bring the truck to about 440 engine HP, not RWHP.

Which has obviously been stated already...

I have spent much less than that and I am sure I am over 440 HP. Hell, a CAI/Tune/Efans you can get for around 1K and surpass that 440HP.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
1,133 Posts
Are the higher ratio rockers by themselves worth it? I know on motors in the past you could pick up some decent power by going from 1.5 stock rockers to 1.6 full rollers. Are you gonna see much power with the rockers on the LS2 (I would assume you would have to tune for this increased lift).

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Are the higher ratio rockers by themselves worth it? I know on motors in the past you could pick up some decent power by going from 1.5 stock rockers to 1.6 full rollers. Are you gonna see much power with the rockers on the LS2 (I would assume you would have to tune for this increased lift).
Going from stock 1.7's to 1.8's you may gain about 10hp.. I went with the 1.7 roller rockers, not for the lift, but to reduce any metel on metal wear.. Mine kinda sounds like a sewing machine with the hood open...:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS 2WD
4,590 Posts
stay away from the 1.8's if u ever cam the truck you'll find the cam builders will recommend the 1.7's so switchy switchy again if u ever go inside the motor.....many of the tuners can get you 30+ hp's to the tire with just an intake and tune....and you've spent all of about $600ish.....don't even worry about the exhaust unless you just want the sound and if you want the sound buy Stainless Works 3.5" catback and you will actually gain a few hp's from it....none of the 3" catbacks will give you any measureable improvement in power....

do those few things and the truck is about 340-50ish at the wheel and you've spent all of about $1000 bucks and the best part is it is shit you can do yourself to save even more money........just my $.02.....have fun with the truck though

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
stay away from the 1.8's if u ever cam the truck you'll find the cam builders will recommend the 1.7's so switchy switchy again if u ever go inside the motor.....many of the tuners can get you 30+ hp's to the tire with just an intake and tune....and you've spent all of about $600ish.....don't even worry about the exhaust unless you just want the sound and if you want the sound buy Stainless Works 3.5" catback and you will actually gain a few hp's from it....none of the 3" catbacks will give you any measureable improvement in power....

do those few things and the truck is about 340-50ish at the wheel and you've spent all of about $1000 bucks and the best part is it is shit you can do yourself to save even more money........just my $.02.....have fun with the truck though
Freemasson, were you talk'n bout mine? If so, i have the 1.7's not 1.8's.. I paid about $375 for them, i think of it as some nice friction free insurance...:2cents:
Heres what i have installed so far...:cheers1:
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309

1 - 11 of 11 Posts