Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sloppy Mechanics - Crown Vic Police Interceptor LS swap build thread

Figured i should start this now while i have some free time. Many of you have heard of sloppy mechanics and Matt happel aka Denmah. Matt has been one of my good friends over the years and has more or less influenced me to give something like this a whirl. and so the saga begins...

i bought a 2002 ford crown vic police interceptor roller from a fellow sloppy guy who previously had an ls1 on spray and 4l60 in it. The car came with full suspension, rear, driveshaft, drag shocks, stock wheels, and other small things. hoping to have this thing screaming by end of spring all for about $5000...details below!

quick updated pic to entice you guys to the next pages lol

DYNO VIDEO
10-5-14 sloppy cop car: http://youtu.be/KvddrVbf3HU

car is running and mobile, some leakage, trans issues, and other small things, but making power and boost is a good thing!

Anyway, here is the cop car Plan:
Motor
2000 5.3L lm7 stock truck motor (unknown miles)
stock ecu with HPT with speed density setup with junkyard temp sensor and a plug and play 3bar map sensor
chinese head studs
pac 1218 valvesprings
ls6 cam
stock valves, lifters, rockers
twin 70mm VSracing turbos .68ar
twin 50mm chinese wastegates (no blow off valves)
4" el-cheapo intercooler
flipped truck exhaust manifolds
ls1 electric fans with harness
walbro 400 fuel pump
80lb injectors
stock modified truck harness (no maf, no 02s, outed for an 80e, wired for these 80lb injectors, stock ecu under the hood, etc)
2.5" intercooler piping off each turbo to a Y-collector and then 3" piping to intercooler and throttle body
Belack Port Works truck intake manifold and throttle body. Also a little hogged/smoothed 862 stock heads
AEM wideband
not sure about boost control at this point we will see how it goes

Trans/Drivetrain/suspension
4l80e with transgo shift kit
custom driveshaft
ford 8.8 w/trak lok
3.73s
drag shocks
stock wheels or steelies
BS used tires for street use, some sort of drag radial or sticky for the track

will keep this updated over the next few months as we start and finish. should easily make 700hp off the gates on the stock internals and trap mid 130s?...may do el cheapo forged internals later and crank the boost a little to make 850+ at all times. we will see how these turbos do. this may turn into an ongoing project lol

Link to pic thread on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/vVcgF

No this is not the motor i am using. this is just Shannons mock up motor for doing harnesses.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
What ET's are shooting for?

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What ET's are shooting for?
not "shooting" for anything. whatever happens happens lol this i just a fun burnout machine. ill run drag radials or stickies on a stock rim once i get black steel wheels with good street tires and hopefully ill cut a good 60 and go low 10s lol

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
just a quick update as of this past weekend on the slopcop...picked up a 5.3 LM7 from Nesters in Bally, PA. great to work with by the way. 370 bucks, oil pan to throttle body, loaded into my truck bed.

went back to matts place and immediatly tore it apart with matt n corey. it sat for awhile and there was some water and rust in places, but damn the racemotor cleaned up wonderful! we pulled heads, intake, and throttle body off and they will be off to Belack Port Works shortly for some hogging and smoothing. i think only one bolt was stuck in the head. pretty awesome considering haha. my custom truck harness arrived with 80lb injectors as well

just ordered two 50mm wastegates and a walbro 400 in tank pump also. will be grabbing new head gaskets, pac 1218s valvesprings, cheap head studs, couplers, clamps, etc here shortly as well. also have ls1 style mounts already in the crown vic for the 5.3, and will be utilizing the stock shifter as well. need to source an 80e at some point soon. should have it this week i just have to negotiate the one i want.

here are some pics...

and here are a couple shots of one of matts fairmonts....when i took these pics this was with the 4.8 in it and stock cam backed by an 80e. he just pulled it and put a 5.3 in it with an isky cam and a custom hot side. it went 10.6/10.7 at 135mph like it was nothing. lol. this is fairmont 3.0, and he recently got a black and grey one, 4.0, and through this 4.8 in it backed by a 60e and a smaller turbo as more of a daily more tame street car. once he finishes out both of those and they are running and done we will get my cop car to his place and swap that.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,593 Posts
Nice crown vic. I was just showing my dad and brother some sloppy vids on youtube. They loved it!

Interesting alt bracket on the fairmont...

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice crown vic. I was just showing my dad and brother some sloppy vids on youtube. They loved it!

Interesting alt bracket on the fairmont...
awesome good to hear!
yea matt used a corvette bracket to move it over. his buddy fabbed up one too that is on the other fairmont. its all in regards to space from the hood and creating space for the turbo setup.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
:rofl: look at the rats nest of wires...

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just picked up some glorious cheap head studs. 67 bucks baby. as of right now i am over budget on some things and under budget on other things so it should be a wash as far as my goal of spending little money is concerned. cost of car and parts to swap and turbo should come in a cunt hair under $5000 unless something unforseen comes up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-Cylinder-Head-Stud-Kit-4-8L-5-7L-6-0l-l92-ls2-Studs-/141166062617?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20de272c19&vxp=mtr

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Heck of a project, hope it turns out well.

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this should be interesting
LOL thats what i like to hear!

Heck of a project, hope it turns out well.
Thanks, there shouldnt be any hangups with the swap itself. Matts done more than a handful at this point and as the brains behind sloppy he knows what you need to know. There may be some application issues with the crown vic since none of us have done this car yet....i have a 4l60e crossmember that we are going to try to modify to use for the 80e for example, and going to try to get the factory dash to work, brakes, etc. everything with the engine and trans should be pretty straightforward considering the harness im using and the stock truck ecu.

hopefully im burnin rubber by may!

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS
1,148 Posts
I love these type of builds! ! Some beers and some crazy ideas and you build a beast!! Plz post it up when you go to island to test cuz I would love to meet ur wacky crew lol

from ur momz bedroom

·
Premium Member
08 trailblazer SS
3,614 Posts
Badass man, hope to see this thing in person when your done.

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love these type of builds! ! Some beers and some crazy ideas and you build a beast!! Plz post it up when you go to island to test cuz I would love to meet ur wacky crew lol

from ur momz bedroom
haha yep. will do man. ill be posting throughout and when its finished. Ill def bring this to island, maple, cecil, etc.

Badass man, hope to see this thing in person when your done.
most certainly my friend.

I made this for you
awesome hahaha thanks man! saved!

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im def in for that haha

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just ordered PAC 1218s for $135 bucks shipped and ls1 head gaskets for 39$ shipped. bam!

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just negotiated a 97 4l80e 2wd down to $225. My buddy picked it up for me on Friday. Score!!!

Going to order an isky or BTR cam spec'd for this in february along with the 70mm On3 turbos...and I think ill have just about everything except for some little shit then.

LOTS of pics to come in the next 2-4 months lol

Reactions: twmSS
1 - 20 of 207 Posts