Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

I've narrowed my search down to a couple of SS's. One's a silver AWD '07 with 15k miles, and the other is a black RWD '08 with 23k miles. In looking at the paint on the black one, it looks like there is a slight glitter pattern in the paint. I've not seen another black TBSS in person, so I don't know if this is normal or not.

Oh, and the pinstriping will be removed and the paint underneath inspected for fading/mismatching before I consider buying it as well.

Here's some pics of it:

I've got the silver one inbound from Vegas via carmax, so it should be here in a few days.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a black granite TBSS.
So does that make it faster then? Haha!

Thanks for the quick reply - in most of the pics I've seen online they all look to be "normal" flat black, I haven't seen many with this variation. I just wanted to make sure it didn't have an aftermarket paint job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
New tires on it already and it only has 23k on it damn
Yeah, I thought the same exact thing...They wanted 28.9k for it 3 weeks ago, I got 'em down to 24.7k but they refused to fix the emblems or kick down more for the missing luggage cover or air hose, or other small things like rear floormats. There are also several key marks on the front of the side mirrors and other scratches that you don't see in the pics, plus I wanted them to remove the pinstriping before I agreed to anything so I could see the paint underneath. They wouldn't play ball so I ended up ordering the silver '07 with less than 15k miles from Carmax in Vegas...just waiting for it to get here to give it a look over and sign the paperwork. The one here in Sac (black granite one) has been sitting on their lot since late June.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice move on the silver... They are the fastest ;)
Hell yeah! My old cobra and lightning were black, and while they were sexy as hell when washed and waxed, they were a pain in the ass to keep that way. The silver ended up being RWD so they took another $1k off the price. Works for me.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Yea I hear you on the black, I had a black jeep that was a PITA to keep clean. Silver wasn't my first choice, but I love it now!

·
Registered
06 CLS MB, 07 SS,
784 Posts
How much do they want for the SS?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
How much do they want for the SS?
They've currently got it listed at 26.6k on the website, but the last call I had with them they were around 24.7k as is, without replacing the wheel caps and front/rear emblems or the missing luggage cover, air compressor hose, etc. I think it was also missing the rear floormats...It also has brand new 275/45s on it, which made me kind of wonder. Granted, the 24.7k price was with over 3 weeks of negotiations, 2 sit-downs, and countless emails and text messages back and forth with the salesman. The first time I went in they were asking 28.9k and when I started at 23k they literally walked me out, they wouldn't budge. A couple days later they started calling me, but we couldn't make it work. The last trip in, I offered 25k but they wouldn't take it, so they blew it. The salesman I dealt with (Micah) was cooperative and kept an open line of communication, but it seemed that the folks who made the decisions there kept holding out hope that someone would be willing to pay their asking price. I took it for a test drive and it felt okay, but the oxidized wheel caps and the carfax that showed it sat at a dealership in OR for two months with an additional bunch of unexplained mileage worried me. There are also what appear to be keymarks on the front of the side mirrors and taillights (in an "X" pattern). The interior was pristine though, complete with Nav. For some reason they have it listed on their website as a 1SS but it's a 3SS. The truck has been sitting on their lot since late June, so they definitely need to move it. The salesman told me that when they started peeling back the pinstripe they noticed some more scratches underneath. As far as I know they left it on. I'm happy with my silver '07, to say the least...

http://sacramentoinfiniti.com/Preowned-Inventory-Search/2008_Chevrolet_TrailBlazer_Roseville_1GNES13H682174265.aspx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts