Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I normally don't share the work I don on the side, other than FB and Instagram, but this truck turned out Amazing! Not only that, but I had 18 Hours to turn this truck around- that made it damn near impossible to make it happen. With that being said, I hope you guys enjoy.

Every once in a while, you get to do a job for a Friend or Client that's completely unexpected. When that happens, you seize that opportunity- And Leave Them Speechless.

This Black Silverado came to me late Saturday Afternoon, around 5:00. The owner was here at 1:00 Sunday to inspect and pick it up before heading back to Kentucky. I had to pull an all nighter to get it done, but it's safe to say that it's now up to MY Standard and the Owner was Blown Away- As Carrie Underwood would say. :D

Not only did this 1500 Chevrolet receive Adam's Polishes 2-Stage Buffing, it also received a Coat of Adam's Polishes Brilliant Glaze. All windows were cleaned and sealed. Wheels and Tires dressed with Super VRT. All Exterior Trim received Super VRT and In & Out Spray. The entire Engine was Pressure Washed, Soaked, Cleaned, and then coated in In & Out Spray. I also fixed the Front Bumper, Drivers Side Fog Light, as well as the Back Center Caps.

A Huge Thank you to my Wife Giselle, for helping on this Bad Ride. She Buffed the entire Bedsides, Tailgate, and Cleaned all the Windows!! Who's says women can't use Rupes Bigfoot 15MM Mark II Buffers?!?! I also want to Thank Adams Polishes for Amazing Products that continue to set the Standard in Paint Correction and Dan Tyger for his Awesome Customer Service.

Enjoy the Pictures!!

Attachments

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some 50/50 Shots. Pay Close Attention the Front Bumper, Frame, and Inner Fenders.....

Again, this was all accomplished using a Rupes Mark II Buffer and ALL Adam's Polishes Products along with Micro Fiber Towels from The Rag Company!! :cheers1:

Attachments

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a couple more 50/50 Shots, along with a couple before....

Attachments

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And Finally.... The results after working most of Saturday Evening into Sunday Night, and all of Sunday Morning.

The Owner Could Not Believe that was the same truck.... That I turned it around that fast and managed to do everything I did. Mother Nature, along with the Truck, tested my patience, but it all came together in the end.

Enjoy these picks and critique. I appreciate all the Feedback, whether it's Negative or Positive.

Carl

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I to attach the pictures twice..... Sorry for the double post.

Carl

Attachments

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lastly- Close Up Detailed Pictures

These Last Picture show the Clarity of the Black, in Direct Sunlight, using my Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera. All these Photo's are Unedited!!

If you look closely at one of the pictures, you can see Blaze in the background put away- Looking all Sad and Depressed...... :boohoo:

This Silverado had 175,000 Miles on the Odometer..... Does it look like it?!

Enjoy!! :cheers1:

Attachments

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Looks great. I would like to think I keep my stuff nice but I have never waxed a bed let alone buffed one. I usually put a bed cover on it and take the out of site / out of mind approach.

When you do Adams 2 part paint correction do you do both pads with each compound usually? Or just mostly compound change?

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Carl surely you didn't mean your wife polished inside the bed? That'd be madness.

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank You!!

That's excellent work there Carl, for the limited amount of time you had. What did you use for engine bay soak?
For everything I did, I had very little rest between Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.

It really depends on how bad the Engine bay is. For example, it there's not a lot of built of Oil or Sludge, I'll simple use Adam's All Purpose Cleaner. If it's really nasty, like this truck was- I'll use a combination of things to include Gunks Engine Degreaser (The Foam), Purple Power Degreaser, and the Adam's All Purpose Cleaner.

Once the engine is fully dried, I hand dry them and then let them dry for 24 hrs before I use a combination of Super VRT and In & Out Spray.

Hope that helps.... :cheers1:

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clarification

Carl surely you didn't mean your wife polished inside the bed? That'd be madness.
No, No, No.... I mean that she buffed the entire Bed, mean the Sides and Tailgate. Another words, I didn't do anything behind the Cab, except inspect her work and teach her how to use the Rupes.

It was the first time she'd EVER picked it up!! It was a learning curve for her, as she didn't know how much pressure to use. I'm thinking I should have started her out on the Porter Cable..... :D

Looks great. I would like to think I keep my stuff nice but I have never waxed a bed let alone buffed one. I usually put a bed cover on it and take the out of site / out of mind approach.

When you do Adams 2 part paint correction do you do both pads with each compound usually? Or just mostly compound change?
Rich- Yes, I use Both Pads. How many Pads depends on the severity of the paint. On this particular truck, I had to use Both the Orange Pad W/Microfiber and the normal Orange Pad with the Paint Correction Polish. Then I'll use the White Pad with the Paint Finishing Polish.

In fact, this truck was so bad, and I need to cut it as quickly as I could, I ended up using 2 Orange Microfiber Pads, 2 Normal Orange Pads, and 2 White Polishing Pads. Basically, 1 pad per side and then I swap to a brand new pad.

For the Brilliant Glaze, I use the Red Pad and it last for the entire vehicle.

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
OK box sides. LOL I thought you buffed the bed :coolthumb::coolthumb:

You said you used the white pad for finishing. So you just have one pad? Microfiber or foam?

And you said brilliant glaze. Did you wax too and before the glaze or what? Lot of controversy with that topic. Even the Adams guys argue over that.

Sorry for all the questions. LOL

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,508 Posts
Holy shit! That should have taken a week.

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK box sides. LOL I thought you buffed the bed :coolthumb::coolthumb:

You said you used the white pad for finishing. So you just have one pad? Microfiber or foam?

And you said brilliant glaze. Did you wax too and before the glaze or what? Lot of controversy with that topic. Even the Adams guys argue over that.

Sorry for all the questions. LOL
Bahahaha.... My bad Rich!

Right now all I have is the 6" White Foam Pad for the Paint Finishing. I have the 4" White MF Pads that I use for really small areas, and I have the Orange 5.5" Orange MF Cutting Pad. It's probably my Favorite cutting pad, especially when you're trying to get some bad swirls or scratches out.

As for the Brilliant Glaze- I've used it before and after wax. And you're right, you can get the Adam's guys into arguments about the order. The new formula has properties in it that help fill in or eliminate any fine swirl marks or imperfections. Because I apply by Machine using the Red Pad, I'll put it on before Wax. Then once I'm done, I'll lay wax over it. However, I find myself Glaze on a more regular basis than the Buttery Wax- Only because it's so easy and leaves an amazing shine.

For example- This Silverado had NO Wax on it. It simply had the Brilliant Glaze. Sadly, I didn't have enough time to lay a good coat of Wax.

I hope all that makes sense man. :cheers1:

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holy shit! That should have taken a week.
Thanks man..... Love your reaction!! That is priceless. Yeah, Father Time, nor Mother Nature was on my side. It rained and stormed virtually all weekend, the entire time I was doing this job.

Thankfully it was Gorgeous Sunday afternoon for a few hours. I was able to get my 02 SLP SS out of the Garage and do some cleaning and straighten.

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Yea makes sense. I have seen the Adams guys nicely argue with each other as they obviously dont agree on how it works.

Sounds like its a very short term product though and if I understood them correctly its only going to last up to a month even of you cover it with something.

I am getting ready to two step mine in the next week. I did not think it needed it until I buffed out a scratch in clear coat and improved the area. Plan to start out the first step with Microfiber and see how it goes from there. The truck has never seen a buffer except for the clear coat scuff I fixed.

I am going to try using Adams and Optimum and see what works best.

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed that Glaze goes on after Sealant; however I don't ever recall mentioning Sealant. In fact, I don't think Anyone mentioned it.... The question was in reference to Wax.

And yes, Glaze is Awesome on Windows!

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
If layered under a Wax--the life of the wax.
Mook, I think half the Adams guys would argue that. I am not disputing it but researching the topic on their forums has turned up tons of contradictions.

I don't do sealant on my garage queen. Just wax. If your theory is correct it seems like you should do glaze and then wax and call it good for a vehicle like mine since Glaze is supposed to have some fill properties.

As I said its a big argument on the Adams forums !

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rich- I agree with you 100%!! Very seldom do I use the Paint Sealant..... Which is why I never mentioned it nor did I bring it up.

And yes, it's a very touchy subject on Adam's Forums! :argue2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts