Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2007 trailblazer SS
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here have pics or know someone who has a carbon fiber hood on their silver ss? Have a little insurance repair and might go with Scott's hood. Not for sure which way I'd want to go though. CF probably cheaper in the long run since there's no painting and all. Anyway, let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Oh, im sorry I just re-read the post. you are looking for the CARBON hood on silver, my bad.

·
Registered
2007 trailblazer SS
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's cool. Looks great on your's! Looking at both as an option. How long have you had yours and how well has it held up to rock chips and things like that?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
40 Posts
Thats my truck :biggrin2:! I put it on last year and have about maybe 1,500 miles on it since it was painted.....I'm probably not the best judge on it holding up, but i have chips on it yet (knock on wood), but it all depends on how you drive, where you drive and quality of the paint job too.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
I wanted to go this route with mine...I have only seen one truck with that setup...These pics are from the FMS meet and they are from Kdubbs. Hope I am not offending anyone by putting them up...If so, let me know...

I wanted to get Scotts Hood in CF, and if you do that, you gotta go with Mav Mans CF brake ducts, and now his CF rear Valence, CF rear pillars, and CF rear spoiler. LOL...Would look cool IMO, but would also be on the ricey side...

Life got in the way, first daughter on the way so my modding days slowed a bit...anyway, here are some pics I saved of the only scotts CF on silver...

Hopefully work keeps up and I will have some extra coin to atleast get the hood for my truck...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
yeah...it is hard to see that it's CF in the pics...but That is kinda why the CF on silver doesn't quite go...I inquired about silver CF, but Evil said it's not the same type of material and they would not work with it.

So, if I get the coin I was going to paint some of the CF hood silver, and then fade it out to CF where the cowl starts...So the sides and front would be silver and then it would fade to the CF where the cowl starts protruding from the hood. Will try to PS it at some point.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
You could leave only the middle section where the scoop is in CF, and paint the rest to match the truck. That might look cool. :2cents:

·
Registered
TBSS
271 Posts
Same truck at the FMS meet his name is Nathan(framer87)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Thats my truck :biggrin2:! I put it on last year and have about maybe 1,500 miles on it since it was painted.....I'm probably not the best judge on it holding up, but i have chips on it yet (knock on wood), but it all depends on how you drive, where you drive and quality of the paint job too.
I love it, the wheels, the stance, the hood. Nice truck sir!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.