Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i have the halo projector headlights. i also have 6k xenons in them. lately, it seems my passenger side light is more yellowish than blue, and occaisionally dies, but works again after i flick the lights on and off. this a dead bulb or dead ballast?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have no problem ordering new kits, it honestly wouldnt suprise me that their going out now because i havent installed the drl killer (its been laying around in my house), and running them at 7 volts is baaad for xenons.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
I would think 7V is bad for ballasts, but I'm not an EE.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Try swapping the ballasts, that way if the problem moves.. it's the ballast, if not, it's the bulb. Pretty cheap to get a new kit... I wouldn't bother buying ballasts separately. Hit it DDM tuning. If it's the bulbs you can get them $10 all day on eBay although I don't trust their ballasts.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
:iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid: Don't know why I didn't say that, (I was thinking it):doh:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a ballast that i know works, so ill try that out. hopefully its that, so that way i dont have to wait for a new bulb to come in. i really need to get that drl killer in :doh:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
If you don't have the DRL killer yet, turn your knob to parking lights before you start the truck and they won't come on.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey all... i know this is kindof a dead thread... but ive noticed something. whenever i turn out the bulb thats freaking out, it glows red for a bit... is that really bad? should i not be running that light? i have replacements on the way

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
79 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I had a similar problem with my 3 year old 4300k DDM kit. One bulb turned bright purple/reddish one day. The bulb slowly got dimmer and dimmer as the days went by. Ended up being the bulb after doing some troubleshooting. Waiting for the new bulbs to arrive hopefully this week.

·
LS2 Soccer Mom's Truck
Scion xb...sob sob
700 Posts
on my tib that's exactly how it happened, one day the light became purple and one was white. ordered a new hid kit b/c the kit i had was over 5 years old and wasn't even digital.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts