Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the original owner of a 06 all wheel drive SS. It has never been in the snow, no accidents. I'm torn on wether to make performance upgrades. I have a cat back borla, k+n air filter kit and bigger front and rear sway bars. I saved all original parts. Kind of afraid to drive it knowing they are stolen like crazy. It currently has 14,000 original miles. Just looking for some input here. Love the car it's all Black. Has everything except for gps. Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Two years ago, prepandemic, the tbss wasnt all that special and was priced appropriately. Now there is a slight premium but nothing too crazy short of a few random overzealous dealers.

imo, its not that special of a car. It’s definitely hard to find a crazy low mileage unit like yours. In which there is a potential buyer at the right price. But your buyer base is super limited and will be a long sales cycle.

That being said, at your car age and not mileage, you should inspect all rubber suspension bits for cracking as well as all hoses and belts. Proactive maintenance is a good thing for the car and prospective buyers in the future

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
180 Posts
I respectively disagree. There were only about 26,000 TBSS ever made. The last one was sold in 2009 and that was 12 years ago. How many are still around in driving condition isn't known but the number is getting small. Yes a SS may have a small following for people that don't know the rarity, but any SUV is popular now. An all stock TBSS in good condition is a rare find. If you are willing to take your time to sell one you can get a premium price for it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I respectively disagree. There were only about 26,000 TBSS ever made. The last one was sold in 2009 and that was 12 years ago. How many are still around in driving condition isn't known but the number is getting small. Yes a SS may have a small following for people that don't know the rarity, but any SUV is popular now. An all stock TBSS in good condition is a rare find. If you are willing to take your time to sell one you can get a premium price for it.
its a drop in the bucket compared to all the other normal trailblazers. No different than a Chevy cobalt ss or hhr. Its a unique model for sure, not special investment grade material tho.

Maybe in another 20yrs we’ll have a different discussion, then again all the fuse boxes, driver window modules and ac blower resistors would have fully died and no replacements made

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,112 Posts
Twin turbo and balls to the wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Just from an enjoyment standpoint, I say go for it. Simply hearing it fire up will bring a smile to your face every time you drive it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
180 Posts
In 133,000 miles the only things that have failed on my 2006 TBSS are the rear suspension air bags, A/C compressor, radiator, fuse box, ignition switch and rear wiper motor. I consider that pretty good for a 15 year old vehicle with that mileage. Mine is almost all stock except for a cold air intake and a mild tune. I have been over the top on regular maintenance though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Think of it this way, if it gets stolen while you're out driving it, you'll get a fat check. So no reason to not drive and enjoy it.

I bought my 09 with 50 something thousand on it a year ago. Assuming I had to replace it, I couldn't. There just aren't clean low mile trucks like these left. That said, I had some upgrades I knew I wanted to make so I did them. I know it'll never be a million dollar car, but I also know it'll never be worth less than I paid for it because they just don't make stuff like it anymore. So go ahead, drive it, mod it, whatever. It's not going to go down in value ever.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive added a hidden ignition cutoff switch AND a fuel pump cutoff to my aero.. they are probably the most easiest and effective way to prevent theft, they would literally have to flatbed the truck if they wanted it

i suggest one if not both of these measures to further insure the truck

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
ive added a hidden ignition cutoff switch AND a fuel pump cutoff to my aero.. they are probably the most easiest and effective way to prevent theft, they would literally have to flatbed the truck if they wanted it

i suggest one if not both of these measures to further insure the truck
Aero????...nobody knows to steal those...;) Just one of the reasons why I love them.

To the op... My frame of thought is to mod, but make everything as "reversible" as possible. Ive got a couple boxes of all my Aero's original parts I "upgraded"; and shoved up into storage. Might be putting it back to stock height when my bad back gets bad enough....hopefully not for another decade or so...but just in case....I still have the parts.

FWIW....I looked at buying a super low mileage TBSS a year or so ago...app 35k miles(I think) and they wanted 24k(stealership). Just couldnt justify it; so I went for "Brad Pitt's Ugly Cousin" and ended up getting two Aeros for less than that low mileage TBSS.... food for thought???

In the end its your ride, your money....do what makes you happy....(and then replace the transmission...lol)

·
Registered
TBSS AWD 3SS
288 Posts
I just picked up my second 2007 SS with 74000 on it. My first I bought brand new and lost her because of a divorce. I love this truck especially after modding it. Actually my Kooks headers showed up today👍🏽 I say keep it and mod it. Tune, Efans, headers, intake, cam, trans cooler and Torque converter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts