Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure some of you are aware of all the transmission problems I've been dealing with for a year now. It's now come down to having to ship my truck to the guys at Phoenix to find out what is causing all my problems and have those guys take care of it for me. To be quite honest I'm tired of throwing money into something that I've not been able to enjoy at all. I'm sure I could get a good bit back out of my mods by selling it all off. Then just take my truck in stock form to the dealer and trade it in.

What would you do if you were in my situation?

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Let the right people work on it before you make that decision, if you really like the SS. You might enjoy it a lot more with some piece of mind that it wont crap out on you.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's one of my concerns. I don't have any confidence left in this truck with the mods I have and after having these mods I don't think it will be much fun without them.

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
If I was in your situation, I would get it up here and Greg will get you squared away!!!

Throwing money into something you don't have time to enjoy, that pretty much sums of life doesn't it? There is never enough time to play as much as we would like.

Suck it up cupcake!!
You will be wonderfully pleased once Greg gets a hold of it.

But I would be more than happy to accept a PM of your list of mods! (just in case of course) :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
I will say that I demodded and traded in my TBSS for a 2011 Silverado CCSB with the 6.2 and I couldn't be happier. :2cents:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
I had the same problem after problem with my srt-10 and was just sick of it. It was fun to drive when it ran well but other than that it was a PITA! Neverless I now have a TBSS and have had no issues yet. Maybe because its stock but we will see what happens in the near future. Ill take a list of mods for sell if you decide to part ways with it (just saying :D) Good luck on your decision.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The truck is going to Greg. He just rebuilt the trans for me and it didn't last long. We're thinking there's other problems somewhere causing these issues so that's why I'm sending the truck to him. The bad part is with him rebuilding the trans I was thinking all was gonna be ok so I sold my Maggie 112 and bought a 112 HH. I installed the trans and all was ok for about a day and half and it started acting up. I parked the truck and had no option but to swap the Maggie out since mine had sold and the new one arrived and I'm obligated to get my old one to the new owner per our agreement.

So now I have a trans that's acting up, a bigger blower, no tune for bigger blower and in a altogether shitty situation. Greg needs the truck to get the trans working right. Truck needs a tune to test the trans. So to sum this all up I'm out another shit pile of money to hopefully have everything working properly. Then I still need to get the truck back home.

Who you calling cupcake..... sugar britches :rofl:

I'll text you a list of mods later. It's kinda long

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What happened with the tranny replacement last week?
The install went good and all was ok for a short period. Now it's acting up and I don't want to cause further damage

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Hope everything works out for you. It may be to your advantage to have the truck tuned up in Dallas after the trans problems are sorted so you can be done with it. I'm still willing to work with you of course, but would like to see you be able to just enjoy the truck.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will say that I demodded and traded in my TBSS for a 2011 Silverado CCSB with the 6.2 and I couldn't be happier. :2cents:

Traded for the SS and regretting the fuck out of it right now

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope everything works out for you. It may be to your advantage to have the truck tuned up in Dallas after the trans problems are sorted so you can be done with it. I'm still willing to work with you of course, but would like to see you be able to just enjoy the truck.
Thanks for understanding Matt

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2007
673 Posts
Are you just regretting because you miss the ol SS?? or is the new truck not what u were hoping for??

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2007
673 Posts
oooo yea sorry apparently im not reading well today.. dont mind me hahaha

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I traded that for the SS

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Hang in there!

Hot rod can test your will!

After your all done and set it will make you love your SS that much more!:biggrin2:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts