Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the part # for a shorter A/C belt, maybe about 1/2" shorter than stock.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Gates Racing K040360RB belt is 36.0"
Gates K040358 belt is 35.8"
Gates K040355 belt is 35.5"
Gates K040353 belt is 35.3"

If the tensioner is loose and the belt is jumping off, try replacing the stock tensioner with a Goodyear PN: 49276 replacement. The stock unit gets sloppy and loose after a year or so...

I am running the 35.3" belt, but my a/c pulley on the crank is slightly smaller than stock (ATI 8-rib conversion pully/hub)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gates Racing K040360RB belt is 36.0"
Gates K040358 belt is 35.8"
Gates K040355 belt is 35.5"
Gates K040353 belt is 35.3"

If the tensioner is loose and the belt is jumping off, try replacing the stock tensioner with a Goodyear PN: 49276 replacement. The stock unit gets sloppy and loose after a year or so...

I am running the 35.3" belt, but my a/c pulley on the crank is slightly smaller than stock (ATI 8-rib conversion pully/hub)
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
I installed the ATI balancer that came with the new HOB V2 system and the stock A/C belt is a little too slack.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
I installed the ATI balancer that came with the new HOB V2 system and the stock A/C belt is a little too slack.
Okay, I put the 35.3" on and it was super snug but perfect. Also, just replace the tensioner while you are in there...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What tool you use to remove the ATI balancer? I have the GM tool for the stock pulley, but it doesn't look like it will work for this one and what crank pinning kit did you use also?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I have one of those pullers already somewhere, I just have to find it now....
I had my crank snout drilled and tapped already, with a larger bolt and a fine thread, so installation is alot easier. The flimsy stock bolt and design sucks!

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
For some reason I had to install a shorter A/C Belt when I did my Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley. It even came with paperwork that stated the A/C Pulley Size remains stock, but I had to find a shorter belt. Now that I think about it, this might be the issue I'm now having with my A/C. Maybe it's being underdriven. That would explain why I needed a shorter belt. Now I need to talk to Joe and find out for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
For some reason I had to install a shorter A/C Belt when I did my Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley. It even came with paperwork that stated the A/C Pulley Size remains stock, but I had to find a shorter belt. Now that I think about it, this might be the issue I'm now having with my A/C. Maybe it's being underdriven. That would explain why I needed a shorter belt. Now I need to talk to Joe and find out for sure.
I run the Gates/Napa 1/2" shorter belt on the IW Balancer. It is because the belt will try to walk off the tapered surface of the balancer. The size is the same just the IW balancer doesnt have enough of a lip to retain the belt at the stock length.

Napa Part Number 25-040360

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
What tool you use to remove the ATI balancer? I have the GM tool for the stock pulley, but it doesn't look like it will work for this one and what crank pinning kit did you use also?
You'll need this for the pinning kit:
http://www.atiracing.com/products/dampers/damperparts/index_ls1_pin.htm

Although I have it already and if you need to use it I have no problem with letting people use it (just cover shipping) instead of spending $$$ for it. I may even have an extra pin but it looks like P/N 958025 ($2.36) is what a pins cost anyway.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts