Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone elses truck have a shack at idle, ive never had a vehicle with a large engine that wasnt modded. But for a 2007 bone stock tbss i dont feel that i should feel a shake similar to a small cam surge.

Is it normal?

·
Premium Member
07 Silver TBSS
1,372 Posts
You could have a misfire that you are not noticing. This could be causing the car to idle a little rougher causing it to shake.... Just my :2cents:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,012 Posts
If it was a misfire wouldnt the computer notice and make the service light come on? A misfire is very noticable and any hot-rodder should notice the loss in power and a change in the tone of the exhaust.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
326 Posts
Could be the plugs. Installed NGK TR6 Iridium plugs, truck idles smooth as silk.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
All things considered...you have an engine that makes more than 1 HP per cubic inch, you are going to feel a little cam at idle.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
130 Posts
My past TBSS and my current one shake slightly at idle.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK just making sure, like i said, ive never ridden in a stock ls2, ive only been in a 570 rwhp ls2 goat and a 580 rwhp ls3 g8,and of coure my built ls1 so never felt any ls series engine stock.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
My stock 07 w/ 60k miles shakes aswell, monitored scan data w/ current GM scanner (Tech 2 I think) and short & long term fuel trim are in spec 10% +-, & no misfire counters set (well maybe a few on cyl. #4), no ses light or codes. Guess thats normal aswell, gona try some NGK TR5 or 6 & a foaming intake cleaner but I don't expect much less shakin.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,859 Posts
TR6 plugs if stock or mildly modded NA engine. TR5's for highly modified NA engines, Boost applications, or NOS applications.
Just thought I'd mention it since two of you mentioned using TR5 plugs.

Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts