Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Service STABILITRAK appeared on my dash display and also an amber light came on. I hit the button on the shift to see if it would do something but didn't. So I shut the car off and restarted it. It didn't come back on yet but I only drove about 3-4 miles. Any ideas ?

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Mine goes on and off when it wants to also, but I have no faults stored. I usually see it once a month or so.....and it goes away the same day.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
have any of you ever thought to have the codes pulled out of the bcm and see what u code is being set?..

you know... to FIX the issue...

can be a multitude of things, steering wheel position sensor, hub, rack, BCM, ect.

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
have any of you ever thought to have the codes pulled out of the bcm and see what u code is being set?..

can be a multitude of things, steering wheel position sensor, hub, rack, BCM, ect.
lol yeah... what he said! I just havent bothered because it only happened on mine once.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
i have the same thing happening to me but the stabilitrack light stays on with a light simbolizing something with the brakes.

but if i do a sharp turn the light goes off but then back on and sometimes if i make to sharp of a turn the stabilitrak will almost not let the truck want to go

i am pretty sure its the steering wheel pisition sensor

Greg do you maybe happen to have those in stock and ow much are they.

i also have been having the the airbag light go on and off is that some sort of sensor as

well and if it is how much would that cost ball park

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts

It is difficult when you take it to a dealer when the message is already gone and they say there is no code. I asked the dealer to check SS code numerous times to no avail.

I finally had my light come on when I was by the dealer, drove up, never shut the truck down and asked them for the code and fix. Code was C0131, they replaced the brake booster. Knock on wood have not had an issue since. This also got rid of my brakes going to the floor every once in awhile.

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
32 Posts
Have the same problem with mine. Took to dealer with the light on and dealer tech said it was Steering Wheel Position Sensor. Cost was 700.00 to fix so I now drive around with a "Service Stabilitrak" light. It still comes on and off whenever it wants. I have noticed that when I shift into gear fast or turn hard it comes on.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
Have the same problem with mine. Took to dealer with the light on and dealer tech said it was Steering Wheel Position Sensor. Cost was 700.00 to fix so I now drive around with a "Service Stabilitrak" light. It still comes on and off whenever it wants. I have noticed that when I shift into gear fast or turn hard it comes on.
Same issue, same diagnosis... fixed for about $350 out the door, included the $80 up front code-scan charge. :(

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
UPDATE:

When replacing the Wheel position sensor, there is a TSB requiring a panel to be etched out for clearance, else the steering wheel makes a horrible creeking noise. Make sure they do this if your sensor is replaced!

·
Punch it!
2008 AWD TBSS
6,055 Posts
last time mine came on was after doing donuts in the snow last winter.
Donuts are now out of my extracurricular activities, something tells me the 3600 stall would not like it too much.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2wd
974 Posts
If start my truck in the morning and put it into reverse to fast, it does it. I don't let it bother me, it probably something expensive.

Reactions: clore46
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.