Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this yet?I believe it has been recently released for newer GM vehicles. My local tuner uses SCT so I may go this route. It holds 3 custom tunes if you have a tuner that uses SCT

If I use this, and load a stock tune for warranty - would the dealer be able to tell the ECM has been tuned prior? I still may purchase a back up ECM/TCmM to be on the safe side.

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=7&VID=1138

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Its still a generic tune that may or may not improve you truck. You still don't have access to all the "fine line" tweaking that most trucks need, especially with what mods you are running, and/or planning to add in the future.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its still a generic tune that may or may not improve you truck. You still don't have access to all the "fine line" tweaking that most trucks need, especially with what mods you are running, and/or planning to add in the future.
It has the ablility to be custom tuned by a tuner, and software for datalogging. I had a BS Superchip my Impala and it sucked not being able to tune it. The local tuner here has tuned 10 second Cobras with SCT. I'm almost stock right now, and probably won't ever go past bolt ons with the SS.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
If you flash it back to the stock tune for warranty the only thing the dealer will be able to tell is that it has been flashed recently.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what's the best option for a daily driver? I can't have my ECM out of commission.
I was going to do a mail order tune with new ECM/TCM from 262 or PCMFORLESS. I still plan on buying a new ECM/TCM from 262 for back up, and buy this SCT tuner. I'd rather have a local dyno tune than mail order tune. The SCT fits the bill for what I want, but was looking to get other opinions from the guys on here.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Let us know if we can help. Chances are you can come out cheaper and have a spare set of modules as a backup. Typically the SCT software has been a little lacking in the past, I'm not sure if they have changed anything but in the past its been no where near as capable as HPtuners or EFIlive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts