Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

First of all I'd like to thank Tony for letting me post here on the site.

I'm going to start a thread about the collars that I"m selling on ebay. Most of you know about them, but for the ones who don't. They will drop your SS about 1" to 1.25" and keep almost all of the stock ride. They really don't improve the handling much, but they are not designed for that, just the apperance. If your looking for the drop and handling then you would need to go with the coilovers.

They are made of a high quility seamless steel tubing on a CNC machine. I'm going to try to get someone to do a write up on them with pics and instruction to answer a lot of your question and make it a lot easier to understand what they are. If you do have any question just ask and I'll be glad to explain about them. You can find them listed on ebay under "1" front lowering kit for Trailblazer SS".

Thanks and God Bless!

Scott

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
152 bucks for 2 little pieces of tube. Now - they aren't cut square on both ends - the are notched for the spring perch.

I'd have no issue doing it again. It gives the SS just the right look.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
152 bucks for 2 little pieces of tube. Now - they aren't cut square on both ends - the are notched for the spring perch.

I'd have no issue doing it again. It gives the SS just the right look.
True,....i guess there is a lot of "labor" that goes into making these things. Im still very interested. Would a group buy be available for these at all?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to Scott for the prompt shipping of the collars I got them on ebay and he had them in the mail the same day immediately after payment and I received them within the week.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just installed the collars and it quick and easy. The look is just was I was after. Have had a lot on compliments on the stance. Collars seem a little pricey to me but I like the product and shipping was quick.

·
Registered
06 CLS MB, 07 SS,
784 Posts
Do the springs have to come off of the strut? or do the collars push on from the bottom? How did you remove the ring/clip on the strut? Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do the springs have to come off of the strut? or do the collars push on from the bottom? How did you remove the ring/clip on the strut? Thanks

all you have to do is remove the strut from the vehicle

break the shock down with basic hand tools

remove the clip i used a flat blade screwdriver to get one side outta the groove on the strut and then i just slid it down the strut

the instructions that scott supply's are very help full and have pics as well

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just installed the collars and it quick and easy. The look is just was I was after. Have had a lot on compliments on the stance. Collars seem a little pricey to me but I like the product and shipping was quick.
Here's a picture of mine after the collars and the mod to the rear airbags.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Here is a pic of mine done with the collars also.

·
Registered
06 CLS MB, 07 SS,
784 Posts
Mstacy

The SS looks GREAT! Perfect drop. How is the ride? Thats the way I am going to go. And thanks for heads up on the removal on the strut clip.

·
Premium Member
06 Trailblazer SS
1,411 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm going to try to get someone to do a write up on them with pics and instruction to answer a lot of your question and make it a lot easier to understand what they are.
Any progress on pictures and instructions?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The SS looks GREAT! Perfect drop. How is the ride? Thats the way I am going to go. And thanks for heads up on the removal on the strut clip.
Larry, the ride is fantastic. I only have 700 miles on my truck so I really didn't get to know the ride very well prior to the collars. But I am very happy with the ride. The ride should be the same anyway because you aren't really changing anything, just lowering what's there.

·
Registered
06 CLS MB, 07 SS,
784 Posts
Collars on E-Bay

I checked on e-bay and could not find your collars. Do you have more? Thanks

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hey Larry,

I've listed 4 sets on ebay and none of them are showing up. I'm not sure where they are, but the time is clicking off. You might try looking under "1" Front lowering kit for SS Trailblazer". I was able to find them by the item # 260142539189, 260142539397, 260142561319, 260142563807. I'll go back to ebay and see if I can get them moved to where they should be.

God Bless!

Scott

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do a search for trailblazer. I found and bought a set this morming.
Hey when do you think these will get shipped out?
I havent looked yet but how do you drop the rear?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts