Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
08 Trailblazer SS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this aluminum motorcycle carrier from Harbor Freight Tools and this POS is not going to work. The scooter weighs 245 lbs wet (carrier rated for 400) and this thing tweaked so bad just loading the thing, I didn't even attempt to transport it.
I'm wondering if any of you have owned something like this that was reliable, that didn't cost $450+. I can search online all day and read reviews, but that doesn't tell me shit. This model had some great reviews, but still I'll be returning this asap.

Thanks for your time!!

Chris

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Yeah, that thing looks like a converted ladder:doh: I wouldn't trust it either. The problem you are having is your budget, I spent over $450 for a Tule bike rack for two Mountain bikes that weigh under 70lbs. I would imagine $450 for a similar setup to my Tule bike rack that holds 6X the weight would run at least double your budget:2cents:

·
Registered
08 Trailblazer SS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can find a nice one made of steel for the $250 price range.
The reason I'm asking for info is that shipping is sometimes free, but return shipping is not. I dont want to buy an expensive product and have to pay $75+ to return it due to poor craftsmanship.
The one in the pic is very solid, but made of aluminum. Where the steel hitch part slides thru is where I became very nervous. Without sticking a 2x4 under the loading end, it would have snapped the aluminum clean off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts