Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've conversed with the owner of Suncoast Creations in Bradenton, FL about producing a rear spoiler for Trailblazers and he is interested in doing this for us. I know many have started on this project, but these guys do this for a living so I'm fairly confident they'll be able to finally come through. He needs a local TB that he can use for measurements/fitment. PM me if you are interested and I'll get you in touch with the owner.

Also, I know there a couple of threads out there on this topic, but any styling recommendations (what we want and what we don't want) would be helpful to ensure this thing is done right. Most input I've seen (and what I prefer) is a subtle, sporty spoiler that is body contour molded, comes straight back from the roofline and incorporates or reuses the existing 3rd brake light. Something similar to the SS prototype. Definitely not anything "wing" like that's too ricer (see avatar!!). This is your chance to speak up, let me know so we can get what we want!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Does the concept one have slots/holes that keep shit off the gate? That is what we need.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Nowhere near there but bumping to show interest in case they're checking on here. LEDs molded into it wouldn't be bad either, not something crazy wide like an Escalade but a little wider might be cool.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
46 Posts
Do you have a pic of the prototype? I've been looking at other non-TB vehilces and think if it kept the curve of the roofline and it went toward the rear straight out, that would be great. I saw one a while ago on member - 907TBSS, but I don't remember the link.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe we have found a willing "victim" to help us out on this project. Chase lives in the same town as Suncoast Creative and he's volunteered to let them work some with his truck to get this done. We're in the process of coordinating an initial meeting so we can get the design work started.

Thanks for the input on the design- I sent some pic's of the the concept truck and a photochopped pic that someone else had done on a TBSS that was very similar and exactly what I had in mind. I also sent some pic's of what I think we'd mostly agree that we don't want- anything that's "wing" like and has RICER written all over it. We'll see what they come up with and go from there. One step at a time...

·
LS2 Soccer Mom's Truck
Scion xb...sob sob
700 Posts
def. interested to see where this goes. also +1 for the prototype style wing. If you guys incorporate the existing 3rd brake light I think that would be better because it would keep cost down as well as not having people who switched over to the avalanche led *me* not needed to go back to the boring oem third brakelight.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Hey I still have not heard back from him

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey I still have not heard back from him
I'll contact him on Monday if we haven't heard back by then. The guy has a company to run so he probably had some bigger fish to fry the past two days. Hang in there!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Sounds good

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He's been out of the country and the guy answering the phone wasn't sure when he'd be back in the office. We'll pick this up when he gets back.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts