Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the safe point to keep from causing premature wear on the hubs?

Tony told me to run one 8mm spacer per side on the belltech struts to achieve the safe 31.25 from ground to fender. However I measure 30.25 on one side and 30.5 on the other.

BUT measuring that way is skewed from vehicle to vehicle because we dont all have the exact same overall diameter tires.

So does anyone know the safe measurement when measuring the accurate way? (center of hub to fender lip)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumpity bump bump

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bumpity bump bump.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
i wouldnt do 8mm on both side since the frontend is uneven from the factory - i forgot on which side but i did 8mm and 16mm on the other and it evened mine out.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
im at 31.50 all the way around

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
What is your measurement from center of hub?
my truck is at the dealer so ill take some measurements when i get her back in the next day or so.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if your on 255 50 20 31 inches
265 50 20 31 1/8
I have brand new 285/40/22, but that tells me nothing even if you have a measurement for that size because every brand of tire is different overall diameter even if its the same size. I need hub measurements please.
Even a bald vs new tire could show over a quarter inch variance.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my truck is at the dealer so ill take some measurements when i get her back in the next day or so.
Thank you sir, Ill be waiting...

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
i dont put 285 40 22 on the front of the tbss because you have to grind the spindle down good luck on that.

overall the drop struts with 8mm spacer on each side will be fine on a awd tbss and if one side is lower than the other i just swap the lower side to the 16mm spacer.

overall on a awd i dont put the kti in with no spacers always use 8mm spacer and its good.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
both lean 2wd or awd some trucks more than others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts