Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it looks like my luck ran out with SAE Parts. I ordered (2) sets of Euro headlights last year for my 07 and 09 TBSS's. Both sets came in and were perfect. Installed in both trucks and couldn't be happier.

Last month, 9/16, I ordered a 3rd set for a buddy of mine. Delivered on 9/22. Opened the box to check them out, driver side was good. Passenger side was defective. The inner reflector housing was rattling around. You could see where the pivot/standoff had broken free from the housing. Gave them a call, no problem, we'll send another.

1st replacement arrived on 10/5. Opened the box, inner reflector housing is rattling around on this one too. Same defective point. Then something else catches my eye, the entire housing on the opposite side is cracked, missing pieces of plastic, this one had obviously been dropped. Gave them a call. Now I get a little attitude from them and they want to know what I want to do. I tell them I'd like another replacement and request that it ship via air vs ground so that this one has a chance of making it here without being damaged.

So today, I still haven't seen anything. Give them a call, ooh...we'll ship it today. WTF? Even better, I just received my tracking number...they shipped it ground. I won't see it until 10/19. Needless to say, if this one comes in undamaged, it will be my last transaction with them. If they spent a little bit of time checking their product before they ship it and packing it properly, they won't be damaged in transit.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black TBSS
2,687 Posts
I will say there packing leaves a lot to be desired! My first one came broke and they shipped me another one no problem.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
^^ he posted in last page that he will not be doing it anymore

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE - Received my 2nd replacement right side headlight from SAE on Thursday. This one was actually packaged properly and I'm happy to report that it isn't defective and isn't damaged. They did send a label for me to ship back the other two damaged/defective lights and I just hope they realize that a couple of extra minutes packing these headlights to protect them will save everyone a lot of time and frustration in the end. All told, it took over a month to get this sorted out as they were unwilling to ship any of the replacement air so it took a week each time for the replacements to arrive.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck, mine were fine. It does seem they don't have a real packaging system in place, mine were in a random box with lots of bubble wrap. If they spent $5 more on proper packaging they might not have these problems.

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear about your luck, mine were fine. It does seem they don't have a real packaging system in place, mine were in a random box with lots of bubble wrap. If they spent $5 more on proper packaging they might not have these problems.
Agreed. They definitely paid more than that on the repeated shipping and return shipping for all the damaged replacements.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
They just have the clear corners right? They are still the same color as stock and not black?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts