Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had a battery go dead. Replaced the battery and the air ride refused to come up. I tried the reset options with no luck. Then I noticed a broken sensor arm ( probably from driving on the bumpstops a couple times). I ordered new sensors ( Dorman), but it looks like the sensor arm is longer. I know the 97-x was lowered from the factory, but i figured the sensors would be the same. Does the TBSS use the shorter version? Will these longer sensors work once programmed? Does anyone make a shorter replacement or do I need to go dumpster diving at the salvage yard? Tool Wrench Ratchet Hand tool Auto part

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
702 Posts
You can also loosen the bolts and turn the sensor until you hit the height you like. This is how most people did lowering (collars in front and adjusted sensors in back) for many years. But yes, remove the center section from the old one and put it in the new one.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can also loosen the bolts and turn the sensor until you hit the height you like. This is how most people did lowering (collars in front and adjusted sensors in back) for many years. But yes, remove the center section from the old one and put it in the new one.
So the replacement longer sensor will work if adjusted correctly? The one OE sensor arm in the pic got trashed, so i'd need to hit a salvage yard to find a usable replacement.

I even went do the Google rabbit-hole looking at RC plane parts for heim-jointed rods, but it looks like the hole ID is too small.

Thanks guys...just trying to keep my kidneys intact, lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I swapped the plastic bar from my.old ones into my mew ones. I used heartstrings over the boots to keep it from coming apart.

Threaded rods or heim joints could work too - the rubber eyelets are typically.what fails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts