Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys i didn't know if i should of joined the saab forum but i thought it would be better here because nobody really owns one of these cars but anyway, i have a 03 trailblazer ltz and was always searching for the ss for the right price, and while searching i came across a 2008 saab 9-7x aero with about 101k from another state so i went completely out of my way and purchased it..

it is complete stock and beautiful i cannot say enough about it, at any rate i do not plan on modding the engine but i did plan on getting a tune.. which lead me to my question, i want to delete the muffler and/or resonator at some point, will i have to get the vehicle re-tuned after doing that?? does removing the res and muffler actually change performance any and if yes, to what degree?? i was under the impression it did not, and if it did it would not be enough to have to re-tune the vehichle but i don't know anything thats why i'm asking thanks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,157 Posts
You won't need a tune, I recommend resonator delete as they tend to fall apart inside but beware the slight added exhaust note will have your pants fitting a bit snug and you will find yourself buying parts in the dark at 4am.. welcome friend..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,157 Posts
I'm full boltons and want more but other projects demand funds. If you do all the simple boltons and a tune you will be more than happy with the performance upgrade, noise upgrade, and some fuel improvements and keep everyday reliability as long as you keep out of the happy pedal on all takeoffs.. Trans cooler a must..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,157 Posts
It's cheap added insurance for a weak Trans in these heavy bricks. First upgrade I did was the brake duct mount Trans cooler. In the dead heat of summer or when pulling toys I bet it has saved my butt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and i will totally use that advice i am all about preventive measures to insure the longevity of this vehicle it i might not ever see another one of these on the road to be quite honest with you

and so i will ask you this question as well, soooo would you in your professional opinion add the oil baffle? again, i am. not going to be hard in this vehicle but it is cheap insurance like you said BUT ive heard that dong this on an awd can be very involved… not that i’m a clown when it comes to working on my own ride no i do all my own stuff and very handy mechanically. i can grab the baffle whenever it’s $50 here locally

i got the car off a dealership in montana and drove it like 800 miles ive done and oil change mobile one full synth 7 quarts kn 1017 filter already…

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,157 Posts
I have not done the baffle or relocation tube because I don't have a place to tear the truck apart for a few days. (I would rebuild the front diff and do wet bearing mod at the same time) that being said I run an extra qt and don't launch hard all the time until I have a place to do it.
This is what I run for oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts