Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ADHD
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive my noobness....have a question about this...

If I were to run n2 injection + my 8ish lbs boost (running 93 octane) will I still be in the same boat as wanting more boost out of my s/c - i.e. will I need meth injection or higher octane by going this route?

Thanks!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Id worry about running out of fuel first without knowing what size injectors you are running on a 1900?, from your sig. Do you have a cam or heads? What size injectors are you running?
Do you want to spray a dry or wet shot? Have you considered a dedicated for a wet shot?..

As for what you want.. only you can tell that. We arent psychics..

·
ADHD
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Honestly not sure what I want at this point...hahahaha pretty dumb eh? This isnt a race vehicle...its my dd, and I am wanting to fuck around with it because I am going through a midlife I think....just had 2 kids in the past 2 years, and both are girls...so this is my man retreat... I suppose I would like to humiliate ricers and dust an occasional Vette, Mustang, and Camaro... This all started with a tune and cai....tranny died, got it built for 600hp....and then starting working on getting to that point lol...only to probably break more shit...

As for heads - they are stock with new Manly inconel valves, trunion upgrade, comp springs and comp s/c cam.

Injectors - umm...dunno at this point - whatever comes stock on the TVS1900.

I have been resisting going to meth injection to run more boost, however - I think I am going to read up on that a little...Not sure - should I be leaning toward Meth instead? I am not familiar w/ how that setup works - need to learn more... Is it spraying all the time, or only at certain throttle or boost levels? Is it stupid to run a meth injection system on a daily driver - i.e. will I be filling that shit all the time or does it equal out to each tank fill?

Again - apologies for dumb questions - am learning as I go! :biggrin2:

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
pm devilsown or chance (pretty sure thats his username on here) with any questions u have about meth setups he sells them.

but u can set the meth to come on at a certain PSI, as far as how long it last im not sure never ran it

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
If you are going to get a meth kit, get a kit that is setup to run on boost reference and that can run straight Methanol (M1), not a water/meth (50/50) system. As far as nitrous, if you have a magnavolt, you could probably get away with pulling a 75 shot off the rail (wet kit). A 75 shot on that 1900 @ 8.5 psi and that cam is going to be about 100-120 at the wheels and you'll see about a 1-2psi increase in boost while your spraying. I would pick up a Aeromotive 340LPH fuel pump ($170){stock pump is a walbro 255LPH}. you'd be able to pull a little bigger shot off of the rail.

·
ADHD
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are going to get a meth kit, get a kit that is setup to run on boost reference and that can run straight Methanol (M1), not a water/meth (50/50) system. As far as nitrous, if you have a magnavolt, you could probably get away with pulling a 75 shot off the rail (wet kit). A 75 shot on that 1900 @ 8.5 psi and that cam is going to be about 100-120 at the wheels and you'll see about a 1-2psi increase in boost while your spraying. I would pick up a Aeromotive 340LPH fuel pump ($170){stock pump is a walbro 255LPH}. you'd be able to pull a little bigger shot off of the rail.

Ahh awesome info thank you!! Going to call Alkycontrol tomorrow on a 100% kit... Is the magnavolt required in addition to the Aeromotive 340?

Prob going to add both nitrous and alky...hahaha my wife is drafting up the divorce papers as I type this...fuck...

Thanks again!!!!

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
The magnavolt will help a ton. Itd be setup on boost reference too so what it's gonna do is when you get into boost it's gonna send more voltage to the pump and it will flow a higher volume of fuel. Your 1900 has 48lb injectors. With the magnavolt on a stock pump you can run up to 12psi and compensate with the meth for the added fuel. You'd be using the M1 as an octane enhancement, so you'll be able to run a shit ton more timing, and you'd be able to keep knock at a minimum with that much boost. I've been up for almost 20 hours so this may not make sense...lol

·
ADHD
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I floated back to earth today... Going w/ alkycontrol and a bit more boost...bought the system but not adding that or the other pully until I get my pile put back together and running....so its a winter project to add the above...I gotta slow it down a bit and make what I have work first...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I would say go meth definately since the Maggie kits aren't intercooled, it'll have a similar effect and make a little more power. Too much boost without anything to cool it = you're gonna break stuff. My Procharged Imp is intercooled but I've been debating meth on it too.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
I would say go meth definately since the Maggie kits aren't intercooled, it'll have a similar effect and make a little more power. Too much boost without anything to cool it = you're gonna break stuff. My Procharged Imp is intercooled but I've been debating meth on it too.
The Magnacharger kits are all intercooled. Air to liquid intercooling is what is used, not air to air like a centri or turbo.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Good info guys, thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.