Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about stepping up from the PC to a rupes. Not so much for the performance increase but more for the getting away from the vibrate you to death part.

I dont detail professionally or on the side for that matter and only do my own stuff and maybe a family member on occasion. This would be for light paint correction and applying liquid paint sealants.

I can save $100 and possibly more going with the older version compared to $399 for the new Mark II.

I have not really seen any unbiased reviews comparing the two. Seems like the main difference is ergonomics.

Anyone had their hands on both?

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Rich- Sadly I never used the Original Rupes, but I have the new Mark II 15MM and I absolutely LOVE it!! It is night and day difference from the PC. Granted, I used my PC for 5 years before upgrading....

Trust me, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all!

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
Thanks Carl. I have no doubt that is a great machine. Just not sure I want to spend $400 on something that will get little use if a $299 older version is similar for my uses.

Course if I wait for Adams next 15% off sale I will save $60 going that route.
If you plan on using the machine more than 4x a year, upgrade. :2cents:

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Thanks Carl. I have no doubt that is a great machine. Just not sure I want to spend $400 on something that will get little use if a $299 older version is similar for my uses.

Course if I wait for Adams next 15% off sale I will save $60 going that route.
And that's exactly what I did when I got my Mark II Rupes Bigfoot. Granted, it's only $60, but it sure made me feel a lot better!!

Sad part- I spent that extra $60 I saved on other Products..... :boff:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
Nicely done, since most of their sales promotions exclude polishers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts