Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09 TBSS has a rough idle. It hesitates slightly as it comes off idle and seems to run slightly rough, not as much acceleration as before up to 3500rpm.
Dealer (2 of them) say there are no codes but both recognize the condition. The MAF was cleaned and I was told this motor has no Idle air control only the throttle motor/butterfly. No one has inspected a plug yet (they are rated for 100k miles they report) and neither dealer has an engine analyzer which would display ignition secondary performance.
Maybe unrelated but coincident to the rough running acceleration issue which is new since the first dealer cleaned the MAF, the DIC previously reported range of 304 miles on a full tank. Since resturn from the first dealer, it reports between 231 and 261. Avg MPG is constant at 13.7 before and after the first service.
Maybe a computer software upgrade glitch or even for another model?
Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.
Steve

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
Try cleaning the throttle body. I had a stumble off idle back when I was semi stock and it took a good cleaning with carb cleaner and air to get it to go away. Wasn't really dirty looking but just enough to cause issues.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer wants to run cleaner thru the fuel system ($120) but has no confidence this will fix anything. Any opinion what good this will do? If none, does the throttle body need to be removed from the intake for cleaning? If no does the engine need to be running? Thanks.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just spoke with the dealer to recommend the MAF be cleaned off the manifold as suggested by rrmccabe. They agreed to do so. Of course they are in the middle of the value added fuel system flushing. I guess they need to supplement the $ GM will pay since this should be warranty work.
They agreed to report tomorrow their result. I will forward their reply. Thanks for your advice everyone.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dealer claims to have fixed the rough running. I will ask how when I pick it up tomorrow.
I complained the DIC display of range is incorrect since the last dealer worked on the rough running problem. The tank capacity is 22 gal and the avg mileage has never changed since I bought the truck at 13.7. Multiplying the two is around 302 miles which has always been displayed with a full tank. As soon as I retrieved the truck from another dealers service in April, the DIC has displayed range of either 231 or 261 with a full tank.
I am confused what may have changed to suddenly change the range.
This dealer said it is all how you drive the truck. Average mileage I can understand being influenced but that remains displayed at 13.7. I have done nothing to reduce the tank capacity. I wondered if a computer revision had been done but no record was found.
Any ideas?
One last thing. I recall from this site some complaints regarding a rattle or thump in the drivers side A pillar area and no one was able to resolve it. I demonstrated this for the service adviser on a rough piece of Michigan road (any one!). He told me today the mechanic said since he can not duplicate the noise because he can not drive the truck 45 mph on the hoist, they are unable to find or fix it.
Huh?
Thanks for your advice and sorry if this post has crossed some lines in the proper posting category.
Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.