Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer1SS
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wrapped up one tedious install of one Ron Davis radiator and followed by one pcmforless tranny cooler (brake duct vers). Radiators nice but Jesus talk about a pita. Getting old one out was no easy feat nor was getting it in. But all that's water compared to plumbing the tranny. First the radiators tranny cooler fittings are to big so I had to bypass it all together so I'm thanking my lucky stars I had the pcmforless cooler i was debating on doing on a later time with me. Had to redo my fan mounts cause whole passenger side of the radiator was off compared to the stocker.you'd think for 670 bucks it would be perfect.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS AWD
446 Posts
Did you contact the manufacturer about that? This is the radiator I want to get later on, but don't want a hassle of a piece that doesn't fit properly if it truly is "bolt in."

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Mine was perfect. They sent the trans fttings with mine but I tossed em by accident. You can get the ones you need at NAPA for like $10.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Mine have went in perfect, twice...lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
523 Posts
I just did mine this last weekend and had no issues at all. I thought the stock one came out real easy and the rd radiator went in even easier.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer1SS
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it went in easy as pie just plumbing was a pain. silicone hoses like to leak so im running double clamps on everything. overflow fitting off the neck was cross threaded and seeping out so when i went to take it off it stripped and tranny cooler fittings were to big on the rad. but all is good now, just cost me a couple bucks in some jb weld, double clamps and i pissed threw a ton of coolant. oh and the rad cap was a pain. lol so all in all a pain in the ass in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Seriously, for that price it should be easy and painless. You even used jb weld!!! :doh:

O btw, environmental agencies love you with all that orange coolant running down your driveway. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Damn, sounds like you had some issues! LOL Glad to see everyone else hasn't had the same problems for this unit. Hell if everyone had those issues a BeCool universal would be a better bargain. :biggrin2:

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
Damn, sounds like you had some issues! LOL Glad to see everyone else hasn't had the same problems for this unit. Hell if everyone had those issues a BeCool universal would be a better bargain. :biggrin2:
LOL! but its expensive so it must be perfect! :biggrin2:

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer1SS
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i wish it was perfect. i came close to making it a garage prop, writting off the 700 bucks i spent on it and contacting someone who can make me a dual core one thatll not give me grief. im still contemplating it cause the results were eh in my opinion. it would be a great radiator for anything below a 5.3. now if it were a dual core 2" plus size core, than it would be worth the cheddar, as it sits right now id rather have spent that money on a cam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts